who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I used to shoot .45-70 in a Rem rolling blovk and a H&R buffalo classic. Had enough of that $#!+. 500 gr spitzers over 35 gr reloder 7 gets old real quick. And it dont make but 1400 fps or so from a 30" barrel
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Shoot a bucket of water. Pretty neat and the flattened bullets will still be in or near the split bucket.
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Being labeled a Progressive does not fit with my conservative politics. But I have been shooting a lot lately and after pulling the handle on the old Rock Chucker several hundred times and still not having a single loaded cartridge to show for my efforts I am starting to think that being labeled a "progressive" reloader might not be such as bad thing. Sized a lot of .45 acp and 9 mm in the last two days and still have about half of them to bell and then all of them need new primers before I can even thing about loading that first round.:dontknow::(
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ouch, the bug has bit you. I know what you are saying Todd.
  5. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thats why i went to the L-N-L press. To easy to shoot up the rounds then have to reload them took forever.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

But the rounds loaded SS turn out soo much better..
  7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Josh I hope there is a positive side to all that pulling. I am going to put those 200gr. SWC you sent into some of that brass. Been putting that off for no good reason. Hoping to get some of the Old Guys down to the range on Thursday. We are to have a hot holiday weekend up here. Well hot for us but just normal summer for you folks down south. Have a great holiday with the family.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

To too Todd. Tell the old dudes I said hey. :thumbsup:
  9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Did some more 9mm, might load some 38 Spl just to get in shape. :)
  10. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i'm envious. I have a bunch of 30-06 to deprime and clean and resize , as well as some 30-30.. just havn't had any bench time yet...
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Went to the range yesterday to try out my new Marlin 1895 SBL and shot 51 rounds. Talk about a sore shoulder!:eek: Love that rifle. Now I am re-loading all the empties. Cleaned them, re-sized, de-primed, flared, and hand primed them all. Now I am loading them with 52g of H4895 with a 400 gr JSP bullet. Seems to be fairly accurate with the start load. Going to try some laser cast 405 grain bullets. I will use 52 gr. Varget.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Clinger, you should consider PMing HelixFR about braking that rifle for you. The .45/70 is gonna kick no matter what but a good brake will take enough of the edge off the recoil to make it comfortable to shoot. Not to mention get you back on target faster for a follow up if you need it.
  13. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I might think on that JLA. Normally I would never go through 50 rounds at a sitting but that gun is so much fun to shoot. I kinda like recoil. On the other hand, ny shoulder is rather mushy today. I also went through 40 .308's in my AR-10, 90 through my AR-15 in 7.62X39 and 60 7.62X39 in my AK-47. By the time I got around to playing with the M-6 Scout even that hurt.:D I must be getting old.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Itll still recoil, just not so sharply. ;)
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I sent Helix a mini30 to thread for a VIAS Brake. I got it back and met Mr. Barnes, the owner of the rifle, at my range for testing. It was like an exceptionally loud and powerful .22. No muzzle flip to speak of. Mr. Barnes was a very happy camper.