who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Anyday, everyday, good day......
    make some of them beauties.........!!!!!
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Working on 100rnds of 327 Federal, 100gn HP's over 5.2gn of W231. Scale is warming up now, they're primed and ready.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I relaoded a little too tonight. bout 200 more Toks and started on Goofys .50 Beowulf ammo. Once i got to a stopping point I started working on a beat up ol winchester model 12 a customer gave me. Had a bulged barrel and was missing a screw, plus rusted all up. I cleaned the rust off cut the barrel behind the bulge and sawed the stock off. Turned out pretty good for a rusted ol freebie shotgun..
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

me and the 4 year old sorted about a month's worth of shotgun hulls today, what a chore. lost count after about 15 different gauges/brands of hulls, I'm a range scavanger.

mostly 12g's but some 28's and .410's also.

got almost 200# of shot ready to stuff, haven't shot skeet in almost a month due to hunting season.
  5. garydude

garydude Member

A friend gave me a big jar of RP 45acp brass a while ago and I haven't been real excited about loading it because the new RP brass is so thin I usually just toss it. Much to my delight this brass turned out to be very good-much on the order of starline nowadays. So I preceded to load up 100 rounds of 230 grain berrys plated over 4.7 grains titegroup for a nice midrange target load.
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Spent a few evening, cleaning, sizing, depriming, & belling so now they are all ready for primers. I'm still doing every thing with a single stage press and a hand primer. I like priming the least and some times I think maybe I should add a blue press to those blue baskets, ha. You are looking at the left overs from some fun shooting, .380acp, 9mm, .38spl, and .40S&W. That is going to be a lot of hand squeezing,:(

Attached Files:

7. garydude

garydude Member

Beautiful Mr. Todd; you're not kidding when you say you got some work to do. Is the range still open this late in the year?
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Yea Gary the range is open. I was down for a while health wise but back to as normal as an old fart can be. I had a load of crushed rock delivered a while back and had not been able to get down there and spread it. Was down a week ago to do just that when a neighbor to the range stopped by. When he found out what I had planned he said no, no, no. He said he had to go get the tractor to move some dirt at his home and he would just come over and spread my rock for me. Ain't country folks great??? Got a storage shed to put up this fall also. Weather is to be pretty nice yet this week so hope to get down there. Deer gun season in a week so I will stay way while that is on so those that want to hunt can.
  9. garydude

garydude Member

I'm glad you are on the mend Todd!

I've frequently bitten off more than I can chew (with landscaping) and on two different occasions I moved 25 tons of rock with nothing more than a shovel and wheelbarrow. When it came time to move 75 tons I said to myself "let's try something different" and rented a small bobcat. It made a massive difference in the job. Turns out that the small bobcats are reasonably cheap to rent and super fun to drive. That said, I would take a neighbor with a tractor any day over a rental.

Also I've been eyeballing the Redding turret press myself, thinking it may be a faster way to load, but still keeping the feel of the single stage press. Just a thought to mingle with your blue dreams!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. X Ring

X Ring Member

I just recently went through my bullet stash and found 1000 or so 180g JHP for the 44 mag I didn’t know I had. So now I’m working up a load for testing in a couple of weeks, cos of thanksgiving being this weekend.
  11. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

processed some 303 brass last night.. all cleaned and trimmed and ready to go
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The never ending reloading thread!

I loaded up 21 rounds of .308 so I can do a ladder test for my new Ruger American Rifle. I am going to try to use only CFE-223 powder with this new rifle if these shoot OK. If none of these are good, I will try another ladder test with Varget. I also loaded 43 rounds of 30-06 for the M1 Garand - Varget and Sierra 168 grain BTHP bullets.

Wednesday is usually my shooting day, but I have bunches of prepared brass that I need to load (9mm, 9x18, 357, more 308, 30-30, .40 and .45ACP). I have a bunch of .223 in the tumbler that I will let go all night. I guess I will spend a good part of tomorrow reloading.
  13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Have you run any rounds through it yet to break it in a little bit? I'm for one am anxious to hear your results with the CFE and how that Ruger performs.

I deprimed and sized a bunch of 45acp the other night, I'll work on priming tonight and finish them off Thur or Fri.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  14. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Been working up some brass also, .380acp (darn those little devels), 9mm, .40S&W, & .38spl. Using my RCBS Universal Hand Primer I just finished up over 700 squeezes and my "squeezer" is worn out. Next up in the primer rotation were these "commercial not for resale" (ha, ha) that I picked up at gun show early last year. Never ran across them before and he had a lot on the table and the price was $24.00/1000 so I picked some up. When I opened the box I was surprised to see that they were brass in color rather than the nickle I am used to seeing in a CCI box.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  15. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

700 squeezes? I won't be arm wrestling you Todd. I have never seen those primers. Good price. I would have bought them for that. The Winchester primers are also brass colored.
  16. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I took it out last Wednesday and put about 20 rounds through it. I was zeroing my scope and basically just unloading some older reloads so I would have some brass to work with. A good many of them would not chamber because they were fire formed in my 700 VTR (that I traded off last month). Those I fired (about 30 rounds) through my L1A1. I fired a few surplus rounds through the L1A1 also but eight pieces of the brass were Berdan primed so they were a waste for reloading purposes.

I was hitting pretty close to the bull with the last few rounds so I should have it pretty close when I do the ladder test, hopefully next week.
  17. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Been pulling some 9mm I worked up. Silly me, I weighed the powder, loaded them up and shot them only to find out they would not eject out of the pistol. Took one apart, weighed the charge and wondered what was the matter. Come to find out, I was looking at the wrong scale for powder. Going to be pulling them and then loading them back up.
  18. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

Starting Point for Cowboy Action Plainsman
    45-70 Govt.-350GR Bullets / 48Gr American Pioneer FFF Black Sub with a few Grits.
  19. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

did a few hundred .40's for plinkin', munching through another 1000 pack of rainier bullets (165gn FMJ's)

Also reloaded 25 rounds for the 'tenderizer', the .458 win mag. Got a new bullet mold not long ago and loaded some more of those; 500gn round nose gas check, sized to .459". I'm hoping they fly better than my other ones have. Used IMR 4895 and IMR 4064, did 5 different loads to test out.

finally, loaded up 50 .308 rounds for the M1A, did some more Nosler Accubonds (165gn) with 41.4gns of H4895 behind them, stuffed into some LC 77 Match brass. Win primers until I get CCI #34's

crimped them with my new Lee factory crimp die, love that thing!

got to use my new loading blocks I made this week too...
  20. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

organized my brass today by making some shelves (still need some angle iron to support the front or some uprights so they don't sag over time), Highboy, you will especially appreciate my color scheme!

tubs were free don't laugh!

[​IMG]

Here's my latest home rolled;

[​IMG]

the pumkin launcher:

[​IMG]

and made more loading blocks for .458, .308, .223 and a .22LR block for smallbore practice/matches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]