who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. garydude

garydude Member

Loaded up some (40) .243 with 39 grains of imr4350 topped off with sierra 100 grain gamemasters. This didn't take too long because I had the cases prepped, so I followed that up with 100 rounds of 45 acp. These beauties were 230 grain jacketed ball on top of 5 grains of bullseye. Now if I could just find the time to shoot them!
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Sounds good Gary. I too was at the bench today. Loaded 150 9 mm with 4.0grs. of W-231 behind some Winchester 124gr. fmgs. I also had the cases prepped and primed. When I finished that I started belling 500 new .357 Star cases that just came in. I didn't get finished with those. Using my single stage (only press I have) Rock Chucker that belling the mouths gets a little boring after about 300. Will finish that up tomorrow and then prime them and put them in the jar ready to go.

It was almost good enough out to go shooting today but the older I get the warmer I want it. :D

Got a gun show this week end and another the week end after that so lots of looking and drooling in store.

Todd
  3. garydude

garydude Member

Sounds good Todd; never get tired of hearing about "500 new cases of Starline brass" makes my mouth water.

I too have only the single stage Rock Chucker, but I'm rather fond of it and couldn't part with it. I may be a little batty, but I do like reloading and I am very meticulous with my work. Heck, I even clean primer pockets on my pistol reloads. When I finish a round, I want it to be perfect in all aspects, and it will have a mirror-like finish.

Great day to you Todd; hope you can get out today and fling some lead on that beautiful property of yours. Is is greening up yet, or does it still look like winter?
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Loaded up 200rds of .44spcl last night, 240gr LFN, over 6.1grns of AA #5 for 757fps. (a minimum load) Ran out of bullets, so I guess it's time to make a little trip to get some more.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My Swift case lenght guage showed up today from Midway that was on backorder, so when I got home from work before my wife got home I decided to trim up a couple of the new remington brass I bought this weekend to see how it worked...

Did you know that when you buy 100 you get 102?:D

Then after dinner I decided to just get out the Lee collet dies and read how they worked...Hmmmm, took it apart, put it back together, read them again, oh WTH, I'll just set it up, and then, OK let me try JUST one....Hmmm...

102 neck sized cases later I believe I have it figured out:p

Then out comes the Auto priming tool...Crap, Lee says no Federal primers, never switched it over from priming my .223 cases, Hmmmm.... how dangerous COULD that be if I am EXTRA careful....:cool:

Before I knew it, it was MIDNIGHT and low and behold, two new Frankford Arsenal 50 round ammo boxes are filled with 100 Sized, chamferred and primed cases ready to load!:D

Tonight I'm just planning to read the instructions on my new powder measure;):):p
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

A fool and his money are soon parted. I have been using Oregon Trail Laser Cast 158gr SWC my .38 spl. and .357 mag. and the supply was getting low so put in an order for 2000 more. Then for some reason I looked at the Dardas sight like JLA is always suggesting. YIKES :eek: did I pay way too much on the Laser Cast. Well lesson learned. Being stuck in my old ways just cost me $$$$$.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats what interested little kids are for Todd... I always let my boys do that part for me...;)
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats about the same thing i did todd. Except I canceled my order and ordered matts bullets instead...
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That would help having some youngsters around but I don't. That is also why I have so much trouble with the computer, cell phone, digital camera, TV remote and all the rest of this confusing stuff. :D

If stuff just had an on and off switch maybe I could make it. That is why I like the gun world no digital stuff. Well that is till I pick up one of the AR's and have to ask "how do you operate this thing?", "what is that for?". Huh, if it had a proper bolt handle it wouldn't need no stinking "assist". :D
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

haa, I agree. Thats why i prefer mini 14s to AR15s
  11. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I have used all brands of primers and have not had a problem. I cant tell you how many thousands of rounds i have done.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Becks reloading tonite. .380 for her CZ, and yup the tumblers a runnin too!!!
  13. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Ain't zackly load'n just putting primers in those 500 new .357 cases. Using that Lee Hand priming tool everybody knocks. I have a nice RCBS Universal but seem to pass it up a grab one of the Lees. Won't brag on them at all but I do see to prefer them. One has the lever JB welded back together but I still grab it over the others. One is set for large and the set for small primers. Gees 200 down and 300 to go.
  14. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Pat on the back for D-K ! Can't quite get Carrie fully into the reloading aspect, she just like the unloading portion ! Not gonna push it too much, great range partners are hard to come by and she has fulfilled my request that if she is going to shoot reloads, that she has to go through the loading process with me for 100 rounds to see how it's done.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Shes almost done capping off the last couple hundred rounds. She did brass prep and clean up last night. I primed them all for her earlier today and shes dropping 3.5 grains of AA#2 under the 100 gr Berrys HBRN and the 90 gr XTPs. Shes already got 4 or 5 hundred on the desk right now... She said she was gonna make a thread about the blisters on her blisters from deburring flashholes...;)
  16. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I can believe the blisters, been there done that!
  17. medalguy

medalguy Member

Hi guys, Just finished loading 400 .308 for my stock. I went to the Albuquerque gun show today and didn't find anything I couldn't live without. So, came back home and went to work on the Dillon. Today, the Dillon. Tomorrow, the range. Life is great.
  18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yes it is indeed!
  19. upsguy

upsguy New Member

From Fri night till today, I've loaded 550 rounds of .45 ACP and about 150 of .45 Colt on my turret press. I've got 1000 more rounds coming from Dardas as well, I haven't been reloading for long and think I know that I'll be buying my cast stuff from him. I've been very happy with his bullets.
  20. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Upsguy, what do you do with ammo in Illinois???