who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

I hear my bench calling me now.

There is 3 powders and cases ready to be filled
  2. oldreloader

oldreloader New Member

Been getting my new bench set up.Worked on mounting some of the equipment to boards so they can be moved when not needed (powder measure,case trimmer,shotgun press,ECT) and quicly bolted to the bench when they are.
  3. Knuckledragger

Knuckledragger New Member

Sorry to butt in, but it sounds to me that if you know a dental tech- a tooth decay preventer at your dentist's, you might could talk them out of some of their picks. They have to replace them when they can't be sharpened any more, and just might be waiting to be asked. But then, they probably already use a sonic cleaner. lol
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

This thread needed a good bump !

I am loading up some 327 and 32HRM tonight. I have a few factory rounds ( 50 or so ) so that anyone that wants to try the 327 this weekend can do so.
  5. doug66

doug66 New Member

Yes it did Woolleyworm. I haven't loaded any ammo since last fall. Did order a couple of 158gr swc 38/357 molds here awhile back, need to break em in. (lee).
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Wow hello thread. I have about 850 cleaned, trimmed and primed ready to seat (308's) Been like that since the last time I saw this thread. Need to get to it.
  7. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Although I've been doing a fair amount of loading the last couple of months, last night was the first with my new Dillon RL550B.
    Received it yesterday, set it up, got it adjusted for .38 Spl 148gr HBWC loads and cranked out 200 rounds in short order. Terrific machine and happy camper! :D
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

+1 Congrats !! :cool: :cool:
  9. BobMcG

Might be another convert in the near future. A buddy just left after checking out the new Dillon... very impressed. :D
    Like me, he's been loading single stage forever. A difference though is that he started loading (& casting) in 1958 as opposed to my 1973 start-up. Oh well, that could all change with the demo he just saw. He loves it and will most likely be getting one for himself. When he gets back from the range he's getting his catalog out.

Now, I think it's time to head to the range myself with one of my 1895 .405s. I finally found another proper front sight (original bead was broken off) that the factory letter says was ordered and the rifle left the factory with. Time to re-sight. :)
  10. doug66

doug66 New Member

[​IMG]
    200 357 mag rds
  11. BobMcG

I managed to get some needed work done. First off I hit a single stage press and reloaded the thirty .405 Win. rounds I shot last weekend and then loaded some more for good measure. Next it was on to making up some more .38spl wadcutters with the 550 to replace those expended two weekends ago and lastly I set up the Dillon for the first time to load up a batch of .357mag SWCs replacing those fired three weekends ago. Next session will be to make up even more .357mag SWCs.
  12. doug66

doug66 New Member

100_0664.jpg 44 Mag
    8.0 gr. Unique
    240 gr. Lee TL
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Bob, I've had my 550B for about 6 months. I had only used Lee single stage for years and years. I started out with just one tool head and reloaded .40S&W. I now have three complete set-ups with the tool head, dies, powder drop, and the whole shooting match. All I have to do is remove one and stick another one in (and a couple of other minor adjustments) and go to reloading again.

I just love this Blue Press. I just bought a .223 conversion kit and am looking for a "deal" on another tool head and powder die. This will be my first rifle set-up for it and am looking forward to getting started with it. I've got about 5 or 6 hundred pieces of brass just waiting for me.

I still use the Lee press for all my other rifle cartridges.
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Bump

anybody doing the deed? hehehehehe
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I was out de-priming and resizing some .223 brass earlier today. My 6 year old Grandson wandered out to see what I was doing so I let him help me. He probably did about 200 of them with me watching him. He asked a lot of questions about what was going on so I think I have a budding new reloader on my hands. I was using my single stage Lee press and he was having a ball. We did all the .223 that I had so he wanted to start on the .45 and .40 brass. I told him the the next time he was visiting we would "do them on that blue press over there". I took some pictures of him but "Idiot Boy" here deleted them trying to transfer them to the computer.

I gave up on trying to get the powder charge die working on the Dillon press. It would drop a different weight of powder every time, so I just decided to go back to the Lee. I just weight every charge before I drop it into the case.