who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

I'm gettin ready to load again, took a ammo count today and am down to 21M misc. cal Gotta start fillin those buckets!
  2. upsguy

upsguy New Member

Just look at it, pretty much... Lol

I hope the answer you might be looking for is, shoot it? That's pretty much what I'm doin with it.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

I travel to Milan Rifle Club where I am a member and even though I love this club I hate taking my guns into Ill! My carry permit is no good across the river and I always feel uneasy if you know what I mean
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. upsguy

upsguy New Member

I know EXACTLY what you mean. This is the WORST state to own guns, PERIOD. Wisconsin is the only other state you cannot carry, but, that's gonna change real soon. Yea... the only thing I carry is a freakin pocket knife, that'll really scare a bad guy that wants to try to do something to me or mine... I wish I could move, but I've got 22 years with UPS so I'm kinda stuck, for now...
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

upsguy, Yesterday door bell rang and I opened the door to the UPS man. He had a small cardboard box which he handed to me. It almost turned me up side down. It contained 2000 124gr. 9mm bullets. He just smiled and went on his way. Dang that box was heavy. :D
  6. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

No full reloading, but I did another full prep on 50 more LC/LR cases and trimmed meplats on 100 175gr SMKs getting them ready of impact coating.
  7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

It's raining, the wind is blowing, and the threat of storms is in the air so I went to the man cave and loaded up 400 rounds of 9 mm. One of these days things will dry out and if the storms haven't destroyed the range I will get to do some shooting.

Rem 124gr. FMJ
    Win. 231 4.2gr.
    CCI #500 primers
    C.O.A.L. 1.12
    Mixed cases

Still have to run 300 through the factory crimp die to finish off. Was going to finish that off but the door bell rang and my neighbor came in, the next thing I know the beer is all gone and it is 9:00 PM. Hmmmm Sam Adams and pretzels for supper, not too bad.

Todd
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I've got some .380, 9mm, and .357 brass tumbling right now, but we are under Tornado Warnings so I will just stay in the house t0night.
  9. garydude

garydude Member

Todd,
    You shame me with your reloading setup. Wow, my stuff looks old and in disarray compared to your reloading suite! But I can still get some functional rounds out of what I have, even if most of the equipment is over 30 years old.

I have been relegated to the garage for the most part, and let me tell you it's not where you want to be this time of the year in AZ. But a guy needs to shoot, and the way I prefer to shoot is with hand crafted reloads.

I loaded up 200 of Berry's 200 grain SWC over 4.5 grains Bullseye, OAL of 1.240 this morning. Here's my setup, 2nd pic is of the rounds before final tumbling for about 30 mins, and the last is the finished product before boxing it up. Near perfection, except I'm using up some Winchester primers I bought last year that are somewhat tarnished.:mad: CCI from here out.

Attached Files:

10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like the berrys SWCs better than HDYs..
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I am cutting grass. This is what i should be doing, sitting in the ac reloading. :cool:
  12. the wolf

the wolf New Member

hey todd.. nice reloading bench.. this gave me some ideas for mine soon.. mine just a table bench..
    I hear ya cycle... here is in the 80's nice.. going fishing tonight... will be back at the bench next week after a pal shoot up his trial 221 fireballs reloads I made for him.
  13. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Thanks fellows. Man I do like those pictures of large piles of fresh rounds like Gary and Josh have been showing. Looks better than a big bowl of candy.
    I reload in the basement and with these hot days I really enjoy it down there. Stays about 68 degrees and I am becoming a real wimp when it comes to hot weather and my weather is nothing compared to what some of you are having this summer.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ill put it this way todd... Ill trade you weather and toss in ALL my piles of shiney ammo as a sweetener.. Shoot if I was in a cooler clime Id have buckets of shiney ammo in no time..;)
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

No reloading for me YET. I am waiting on my 200 Lapua 308 cases to get here on MONDAY.

I am going to be loading 200 175 gr SMK's for my 308 to shoot in an upcoming F-Class match. It will be my first one I am hoping I hit the target 50% of the time.

I am going to be sweating my boohookie off as I don't have AS in my reloading room.
  16. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Can't do it Josh. When I retired in 1988 I moved to Toledo Bend lake, Louisiana/Texas border. I had been going down there fishing since 1970. Great people and made many fine friends along with fabulous fishing but I could not take the summer heat so after five years living there I moved back to Ohio. This has been a rather hot summer for us here with many days in the 90's. But we have been getting our share of rain along with your share of the rain. I see the temps you are having down there and see pictures of the low lake levels and I think I will just stay here and bitch this winter when the snow comes. Most home up here have full basements which stay cool in the summer and make great work shops, rec. rooms and reloading rooms, ha. My Louisiana contractor didn't know what a basement was, ha.
  17. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I just came in from the rain too, so I'm going to clean up and go down stairs and work on some 6.8's I got to get around 150 done before 10th august when caribou starts, my kids fill all our subsistence tags I do the reloading.

My problem is that it takes so much time. I should have gotten a dillon, but with all the fiddlin with brass, how can ya get any faster. I've only been at it for a year you see.

I like havin one or two of them orange/red MCM boxes full for every caliber.
  18. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I used to think the same way.

With a Dillon 550 without the case feeder I can do 450 rounds per hour. I just put some good music on and start pullin the lever. I have my cases in one spot and my bullets in the bullet tray. Once you get going and get in a good rhythm you would be amazed at how fast you can rip through 400 rounds.

I got so good at it I ran out of 45acp brass.
  19. garydude

garydude Member

Well after seeing the beauty you guys were enjoying while reloading, I decided to finish restoring my reloading table I received from my father. It's an old table newspaper pressmen used for hauling around one ton rolls of paper. I did the legs about a month ago, and after seeing the pics of my stuff I decided that it most definitely needed some sprucing up. I was hesitant to paint the top, just in case I needed to haul something heavy that would scratch it up. But I figure, what the heck, I can always repaint it if needed. Here's a few picks of how it evolved.

Attached Files:

20. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

You did it RIGHT Gary, that looks amazing. A coat of clear epoxy would keep the top looking great for years to come. I think it will still be fine without it though, a little touch up isn't a big deal.

How much does that thing weight and how do you lock the wheels while you're reloading?