who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Did 100 .223's last night with 25grs. Win. 748 behind 55gr. SPBT. This evening I sized 100 new .357 mags. which are in the tumbler now and am spending the time sizing 100 new .45 colt which I just finished and will now get the primers out. It is 36 degrees and raining so I can stay in the basement and have fun and not fret about the weather. After the big meal tomorrow will stick some power in those revolver rounds.

Todd
  2. dmh

dmh New Member

Wind chill here is up to -26F right now :eek: so I did some casting and am going to load up at least 100 9mm from this sea of bullets.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I just picked up a very nice Remington XP-100 in .221 Fireball and worked up several loads for it today. Gawd, are those cases tiny (I'm used to loading .308).

[​IMG]

And,

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  4. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Finished loading 500 .45 acp's this morning, and now I'm working on .357 target/plinking loads. For my .45's I used Berry's 200 gr swc bullets and 5.0 grains of Bullseye. I was using AA#2, but that was working too well, so I had to try and screw it up. LOL So, now I'm using .357 140 grain sjhp bullets and 6.5 grains of Titegroup. I've had very good luck with Titegroup in my GP100.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

playing mainly

got the hi power tap o caps and putting them into home made hollow points for the .22 LR to see how it goes , will test tonight and report

made a nice little tool to make the hollow but also leave a raised "hammer' in the centre
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Cant think of nothing better to do with this awful weather. I am breaking out some powder.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

ill be prepping match .308 brass for my new criterion barrel coming in next week, its gonna get fitted to my savage 11 action.

Might load up some 9s and .45s too...
  8. cycloneman

I am working on 308's and trying to choose a powder. its between tac and h380. might flip a coin. this is just to plink with.
  9. cycloneman

anybody ever use x-truded by accurate xmr4064. i have a couple puonds of it and sure would like to burn them up. i guess i will have to dig for load data.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I run varget in my .308 loads... Ill check n see if i got accurate data for the Xtruded4064 in the .308
  11. garydude

garydude Member

Loaded up some (40) .243 with 39 grains of imr4350 topped off with sierra 100 grain gamemasters. This didn't take too long because I had the cases prepped, so I followed that up with 100 rounds of 45 acp. These beauties were 230 grain jacketed ball on top of 5 grains of bullseye. Now if I could just find the time to shoot them!
  12. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds good Gary. I too was at the bench today. Loaded 150 9 mm with 4.0grs. of W-231 behind some Winchester 124gr. fmgs. I also had the cases prepped and primed. When I finished that I started belling 500 new .357 Star cases that just came in. I didn't get finished with those. Using my single stage (only press I have) Rock Chucker that belling the mouths gets a little boring after about 300. Will finish that up tomorrow and then prime them and put them in the jar ready to go.

It was almost good enough out to go shooting today but the older I get the warmer I want it. :D

Got a gun show this week end and another the week end after that so lots of looking and drooling in store.

Todd
  13. garydude

garydude Member

Sounds good Todd; never get tired of hearing about "500 new cases of Starline brass" makes my mouth water.

I too have only the single stage Rock Chucker, but I'm rather fond of it and couldn't part with it. I may be a little batty, but I do like reloading and I am very meticulous with my work. Heck, I even clean primer pockets on my pistol reloads. When I finish a round, I want it to be perfect in all aspects, and it will have a mirror-like finish.

Great day to you Todd; hope you can get out today and fling some lead on that beautiful property of yours. Is is greening up yet, or does it still look like winter?
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Loaded up 200rds of .44spcl last night, 240gr LFN, over 6.1grns of AA #5 for 757fps. (a minimum load) Ran out of bullets, so I guess it's time to make a little trip to get some more.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  15. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My Swift case lenght guage showed up today from Midway that was on backorder, so when I got home from work before my wife got home I decided to trim up a couple of the new remington brass I bought this weekend to see how it worked...

Did you know that when you buy 100 you get 102?:D

Then after dinner I decided to just get out the Lee collet dies and read how they worked...Hmmmm, took it apart, put it back together, read them again, oh WTH, I'll just set it up, and then, OK let me try JUST one....Hmmm...

102 neck sized cases later I believe I have it figured out:p

Then out comes the Auto priming tool...Crap, Lee says no Federal primers, never switched it over from priming my .223 cases, Hmmmm.... how dangerous COULD that be if I am EXTRA careful....:cool:

Before I knew it, it was MIDNIGHT and low and behold, two new Frankford Arsenal 50 round ammo boxes are filled with 100 Sized, chamferred and primed cases ready to load!:D

Tonight I'm just planning to read the instructions on my new powder measure;):):p
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011