1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

who's reloading tonight?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cycloneman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

A fool and his money are soon parted. I have been using Oregon Trail Laser Cast 158gr SWC my .38 spl. and .357 mag. and the supply was getting low so put in an order for 2000 more. Then for some reason I looked at the Dardas sight like JLA is always suggesting. YIKES :eek: did I pay way too much on the Laser Cast. Well lesson learned. Being stuck in my old ways just cost me $$$$$.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats what interested little kids are for Todd... I always let my boys do that part for me...;)
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats about the same thing i did todd. Except I canceled my order and ordered matts bullets instead...
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That would help having some youngsters around but I don't. That is also why I have so much trouble with the computer, cell phone, digital camera, TV remote and all the rest of this confusing stuff. :D

If stuff just had an on and off switch maybe I could make it. That is why I like the gun world no digital stuff. Well that is till I pick up one of the AR's and have to ask "how do you operate this thing?", "what is that for?". Huh, if it had a proper bolt handle it wouldn't need no stinking "assist". :D
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

haa, I agree. Thats why i prefer mini 14s to AR15s
  6. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I have used all brands of primers and have not had a problem. I cant tell you how many thousands of rounds i have done.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Becks reloading tonite. .380 for her CZ, and yup the tumblers a runnin too!!!
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Ain't zackly load'n just putting primers in those 500 new .357 cases. Using that Lee Hand priming tool everybody knocks. I have a nice RCBS Universal but seem to pass it up a grab one of the Lees. Won't brag on them at all but I do see to prefer them. One has the lever JB welded back together but I still grab it over the others. One is set for large and the set for small primers. Gees 200 down and 300 to go.
  9. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Pat on the back for D-K ! Can't quite get Carrie fully into the reloading aspect, she just like the unloading portion ! Not gonna push it too much, great range partners are hard to come by and she has fulfilled my request that if she is going to shoot reloads, that she has to go through the loading process with me for 100 rounds to see how it's done.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Shes almost done capping off the last couple hundred rounds. She did brass prep and clean up last night. I primed them all for her earlier today and shes dropping 3.5 grains of AA#2 under the 100 gr Berrys HBRN and the 90 gr XTPs. Shes already got 4 or 5 hundred on the desk right now... She said she was gonna make a thread about the blisters on her blisters from deburring flashholes...;)
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I can believe the blisters, been there done that!
  12. medalguy

medalguy Member

Hi guys, Just finished loading 400 .308 for my stock. I went to the Albuquerque gun show today and didn't find anything I couldn't live without. So, came back home and went to work on the Dillon. Today, the Dillon. Tomorrow, the range. Life is great.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yes it is indeed!
  14. upsguy

upsguy New Member

From Fri night till today, I've loaded 550 rounds of .45 ACP and about 150 of .45 Colt on my turret press. I've got 1000 more rounds coming from Dardas as well, I haven't been reloading for long and think I know that I'll be buying my cast stuff from him. I've been very happy with his bullets.
  15. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Upsguy, what do you do with ammo in Illinois???