Wht would you sign a petition at whitehouse.gov

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

NAH, I'm just paranoid:rolleyes:
    http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2012/feb/28/why-government-monitoring-social-media-networks/

If you don't think TFF is one of the sites being watched, well...........
    Can I say for sure? No I can't. Can you say for sure their not?

2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

There is so much paranoia assumed here it is like a bad joke.

In 2 years there will be another election and then 2 years after that another election.....

Remember, the constitutional convention went on for months with men who did not agree with each other. They worked it out and in that spirit so must we.
  3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact this happens. Maybe not every word is screened but certain words are. Once your "flagged" by typing a particular word, your watched. No big deal to me, they can watch me all they want, i'm used to it. County Sheriff's had their eyes on me for awhile now.
  4. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Couldn't be anymore true and accurate, automated programs of Big Brother are constantly searching for keywords on any website that is publicly accessable, the only other 2 forums I belong to are private, and closely watched, the only way a new member/user can get in is by recomendation of an existing member, an application/vetting process by the owners and moderator's, IP address's etc are watched so they know if your account is being used from a computer that it is not usually used from, a "courtesy" email is sent to make the user aware, that they are aware, of possible comprimised account, a quick email back to the admins letting them know I was on from my parents house, in Nebraska, and all good,

This may seem excessive, but it is as close to a guarentee as you are going to get that noone is on your forum that isn't supposed to be,

It stops lurkers/trolls from just hanging out and benefitting from member info, and not providing anything in return, everyone participates/contributes or are put out the door, rarely happens, the vetting process is strict,

And both of these forums were started for the same reason THIS forum was started, some members on a PUBLIC forum were not getting along and ruining it for everyone with the fighting (owners of TFF, sound familiar?) so we said F'em, let's start our own, private gig, 2 different forums were spawned, one that is Blue Water only, and one that is Blue Water, Bay, and Delta combined, as the bodies if water are connected,

So these 2 private forums where started, members recruited/cherry picked from the public forum that had grown too large, was full of takers just looking for info, but not contributing, and just too much infighting,

These forums, where we share gps numbers, reports/techniques/bait/lures used, that are made the evening of day the fishing trip was taken on, for the benefit of the folks going the next day, as close to real time info as possible is key to ocean/bay fishing success as the fish, depending on the species you are after are migratory, and constantly on the move, so info from 1 or 2 weeks ago, like from The Fishsniffer rag, is pretty much useless,

The only way to get in otherwise is to have hacked someone's username/password, which or course is not totally out if the question, but measures are in place to combat that as much as possible, I have never, in 10+ years, seen any spam or intrusion of any kind, I am fishing/hunting partners with the owners of both forums as well, which can have it's perks as well,
  5. Appliancedude

ditto. Obviously, from what I post, I do not care if I am watched. No biggie to me. I'm not paranoid, just realistic. Those that think what they say here isn't seen by someone, or something, just aren't thinkin it through
  6. nosreme

nosreme Guest

I think it' time to buy stock in tinfoil hat companies. Petitions are high on the feel-good scale, as low as you can get on the significance scale. And names on lists...absurd. The burden is on those who make preposterous assertions like that to back them up with something approaching evidence.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They have been monitoring all our phone calls since the early 60's. They are monitoring the internet for keywords every day. The simple fact is don't post anything you may not want them to see.
  8. Appliancedude

Bliss sweet bliss:rolleyes:
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yesterday I was out in the yard, and three Army hilos flew over. I heard them well before I spotted them over the trees. Once that was a great sound, but not yesterday.
  10. cutter

cutter New Member

+1
  11. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I asked for proof of this so called list, not stuff like webcrawlers and key words that are well known. We are all well aware of that, but it's a far cry from a "list".
    It has been stated that EVERYONE here is on a "list", with 'pertinent' data as to who we are and even guns we have.
    If there is no proof of that, it's fear mongering.
    Should we all stop visiting here?
    My point was that the Whitehouse can and most likely does look into e-mails DIRECTLY there, that is the Secret Services job after all, but to believe that the Whitehouse has data on ALL these websites is stretching the boundries of common sense, the logistics would be staggering.
    Even the FBI would be bogged in MILLIONS(10's?) of e-mails and webposts daily, there are over 266 MILLION people using the internet in North America alone.
    Yes, supercomputers can and do monitor many ISP's and pickup on traffic with key words, but for them to then track down and make a "list" with "pertinent" data?
    Only for the ones with many keywords and repetition of those words, and even then such a list would be staggering.
    Sorry, not gonna believe it until I see real proof.
  12. Appliancedude

Sorry I no longer have a top secret clearance so I can't get you a copy of the list:rolleyes:. Live in bliss, I don't care. :cool:
  13. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I can't provide you proof over the internet, do you really think anyone would? Would they risk their TS clearance to prove something over an internet forum? I really doubt it. I am far from a tin-foil hat wearer but this I can tell you, and give you my word as a man, they do monitor keywords you type, and there stored in databases. If you don't believe me threaten the POTUS openly here, multiple times or threaten "terrorism", mutiple times. I can gaurentee you'll get a visit from black suburbans. So give it a shot, you'll find the truth you've been seaking. ;)
  14. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Agreed, and well stated, and the person eluding that some are fear mongering, should, perhaps, look in the mirror to locate said fear monger(s)
  15. Appliancedude

I don't think AL45LC is fear mongering at all. I just don't think he comprehends the scope of what our government can do with unlimited resources.

databases upon databases of info has been collected. Remember it was Al Gore that invented the internet.:D