Why do I do this to myself - Canadian auction

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by jmace57, Nov 24, 2012.

1. jmace57

jmace57 Member

I know it just frustrates me, but spent a few minutes monitoring a Canadian firearms auction online. Pistols are either "Restricted" or "Prohibited" based on the caliber, barrel length, etcetera. (short barrels, .25 or .32 caliber are Prohibited)

The "Restricted" items seemed to be selling at reasonable, if slightly low (to American eyes) prices. The "Prohibited" items were selling for a song. I want a 1903 Colt more than anything, avery nice one (.32 cal) sold for $70...a very nice 1908 Colt (.25) for $55.

I know it's possible to import, but with a large amount of hassle.

...Sigh....
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

If you check with one of the larger Canadian gun dealers they can tell you how to import the guns into the US. Many years ago I checked into it. They have to be sent to a U.S. dealer who will pick up the guns at a U.S. custom house. Then that dealer can send it to your dealer, etc etc. The transaction fees to the dealers will add up.
  3. fourniermod11

fourniermod11 New Member

Now all hand gun whit minus 4.5 inch barrel is prohobited , you can buy but is lot s trouble for sealer. USA fight for your right here the battle is over ! my girl friend and me shoot hand gun and need special lisence , take exacly same trail for go firerange , need police officer for sign autorisation , is 100 % communiste i need take new membership all years or come back the gun to police ...... Is bad is really bad ! And in quebec is terrible rifle need license !!!!!!