1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Why Do We Carry Conceald?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Rhuga, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

When I lived in Wyoming it was common to see folks open carrying. At first I would say to myself, "WOW! These people really stand out from the crowd and the hair on the back of my neck would raise!" I soon became accustomed to it and would not pay that much attention and just except it. I even got with the program and installed a rifle rack in the back window of my pick-up that was very common to do. I just figured that if trouble came at me in any form. I wanted to be around these folks that were carrying and I felt safer in their presence.

I would give these "healed" folks a little more respect and give way to them. 'Course, I never went healed myself, but, even when I was around a cop and saw the iron on his hip. They would just naturally be the one in authority. The badge and uniform didn't amount to as much, But it was the open carried gun that registered the most in my mind.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  3. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

I understand why we have to have laws to protect the idiots in society, when common sense iis all that is required. I believe that there are no gun laws that are constitutional. The second amendment did not grant people the right to keep and bear arms, it acknowledged that this is a right of all free people to be able to defend themselves and family against all evils including the federal government. Any law that would infringe on any American to own and carry concealed or otherwise is unconstitutional. That said I carry concealed with a permit just because I do not wish any potintial assailant to know I am armed until they see the flash.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Where Im from which is South Texas, just about everyone who has a chl and who uses their handgun in good faith gets charged with murder because of some beeped reason bcuz the grand jury doesnt belive the victim. I believe in "OPEN CARRY". HEY if the law can have guns visible then why cant we? Its our 2nd amendment and I strongly support anything and anyone that supports the 2nd amendment.
  5. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

From about 2000 to 2008 and even before. The Nevada Gun Laws have really taken a hit by the Do-Gooders and anti-gun Folks. You can not carry a gun in your house without a CC Permit, but you can open carry. Target shooting on public land was outlawed. You can have a gun in a State and Federal Park that is unloaded. It is not permissible to shoot it for any reason!

In 2008 these laws have been taken to court as being a violation to the 2nd Amendment. We are still waiting for the final decisions on these laws with the Castle Doctrine leading the way to overhaul these unfair laws.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011