Why Does Anyone Think The GOP Supports The 2nd Amendment?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by alvagoldbook, Jul 23, 2008.

1. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Former Guest

Why does anyone believe that the Republican party supports your 2nd Amendment rights? Why does anyone believe that liberals want to confiscate your guns? When was the last time a liberal confiscated your gun?

Now lets go back just 3 years ago. The summer of 2005. Hurricane Katrina had hit New Orleans. And what happened under George Bush's leadership? Gun confiscation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKeYXYjq8c
  2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Are you serious?
  3. packetsplace

packetsplace New Member

Concerning #1, I dont. #2, Many liberals have openly stated that position, #3, George Bush had nothing to do with the confiscation.
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

It's nice to see someone blaming Bush for gun confiscation since he obviously caused the hurricane as well.

Take a look at Louisiana's politics for the last 50 years and tell me how you think the GOP confiscated those guns when Louisiana has been a DEMOCRATIC stronghold for half a century.

I guess Bush is also to blame for letting the criminals out of jail and not making use of all those school buses to get the folks out of town that didn't have transportation to do so themselves.

Give me a break.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

President Bush is in charge + gun confiscation happened = President Bush caused gun confiscation.
    This is called a logical fallacy. The two premises--even if the President of the US really were in charge of everything--still don't lead to that conclusion. It's a Non Sequitur (Specifically--and thank you Mr. Carter, my 9th grade English teacher--it's called post hoc ergo propter hoc).
  6. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Another lefty trying to hide what the left really wants.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Hmmmm I think I'd better subscribe to this thread. ;)

Pops
  8. Yup. I did. Did you see my post in the "other place?" :rolleyes:
  9. LizardKing

LizardKing New Member

BINGO!
    I do believe that this post can be called "trolling".
    Perhaps we should force people to take a short quiz before allowing them to register to stop this sort of thing.....

TheLiz
  10. Tracker

Tracker New Member

No---I don't think any Party has our 2nd amendment right's at the forefront, or even cares. Bush had nothing to do with the confiscation--a simple search will help you find the real culprit ( Local and State). Look at the major cities and the Parties that control their Gun Laws (Chicago, S.F.---Just to name a few. Not that I am all that impressed with the Republican party---But check out the Dems---http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Democratic_Party_Gun_Control.htm

So--In the defense of President Bush---He had nothing to do with it. In defense of the Republican Party---Research!!! Though many Rep's want to limit your right's of the Second Amendment--It seems numerous Dem's want to "abolish" "eliminate" your right's totally----Hey---Just a thought!!!
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Personally, I have no heartburn over trolling nor do I mind the trolls trying to disrupt things on THIS board. So long as the other members here keep things civil and keep cool, trolls often generate insightful dialogue. Censorship is practiced on this board, but only to keep things civil and honest.

Pops
  12. Tracker

Tracker New Member

armedandsafe--I agree with you 100%--If the post in question is truly their opinion--then so be it--It gives us a chance to voice our opinion also---there is nothing wrong with a little debate, as long as we respect the right's of others to have an opinion that may not agree with ours.
  13. BOB~EZ

BOB~EZ New Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  14. SolidVFR

SolidVFR New Member

15. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Can any president cause a hurricane or just President Bush?
  16. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Hating Bush is chic right now. It's the hip thing to do, just ask anyone who (somehow) manages to make his/her living at comedy.

"Bush pronounces some words different than us, ha ha ha! He's dumb, ha ha ha! He's from Texas, ha ha ha!"

Honestly, I'm ready for him to leave office just so I don't have to hear one more "clever" comment about him from some yuppie "comedian."
  17. alvagoldbook

Who mentioned Bush causing a hurricane? Katrina had nothing to do with anything. The gun confiscation is what I'm worried about. I certainly don't have a high opinion of Democrats or Republicans. Hating Bush might be in fashion now, but I've hated the guy before 9-11, on 9-11, and after 9-11, being a lefty and all.

I don't know who exactly is to blame for the gun confiscation in New Orleans, but I'm sure local and state officials are to blame at some level. But to my understanding, when the confiscation of guns happened was after Blanko had signed power over to Bush to bypass Posse Comitatus.

Is there at least some consensus that Bush had/has control of the National Guard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8
  18. alvagoldbook

19. Tracker

Tracker New Member

Bush did not call in the National Guard---
    "Approving the request for troops, Louisiana's governor, Kathleen Blanco, added: "Things like this should never happen, and I am going to do all I can to stop it."

The governor of any State can call in the NG at any time---Example--California has outfitted their NG with fire fighting equipment, per the governor.

Not that I'm in agreement with everything that Bush has done, however why are we so quick to blame a man for something he has nothing to do with---Hang on!!! The cat just scratched my leather sofa---"Damn You Bush"
  20. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I know I will regret posting to this thread again but I am so tired of the left in this country.
    Instead of going on and on with this mindless liberal agenda driven thread how about if we all agree with you that Bush is the devil and responsible for everything bad ever? Will that make you happy?