Why Does It Seem That Jews Are Democtats?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by gaowlpoop, Sep 16, 2009.

1. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

This is a serious post on my part. I am not being anti-Semitic or anti-anything, I just want to know.

It seems to me that Jews, in general, vote Democrat. My brain simply can not understand that considering the history of repression, subjugation, murder and attempted genocide on the Jewish people.

It would seem to me that if I had such a heritage that the Democrat Party would be the last people on Earth that I would want to support.

Can someone help me out here?
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I think it is a carry over from WWII, when the Democrats were in power to execute the war, rather than execute Jews. I've not spoken to many Jewish Democrats, so I can't say for sure.

The American Jewish mindset confuses me. Some of them feel Israel is doing the right, proper, and just thing by arming all citizens, yet think and actively attempt to disarm American citizens. I've never been able to get anyone in that mindset to connect the dots.

Pops
  3. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

Help me out here folks. Someone must have some more information.
  4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
  5. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

There was a guy that just wrote a book on this topic. He is was on the Fox Early news show on Monday or Tuesday. Basically he said it gets back to loyalty to the Dem's who were in power at the of WWII and were instrumental in helping Israel establish itself as a nation in 47. I will try to find the name of the book and post it.
    Here's a couple of articles I found in the meantime.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/09/the_democratic_party_and_the_j.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/2028141/posts

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574402591116901498.html
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

The name of the author of that book I was referring to is"Why are Jews Liberals" written by Norman Podhoretz, published by Doubleday.
  7. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

The answer is simple. It may sound racist or prejudice or whatever, but it's the truth.

There are two kinds of Jews. The first being real Jewish people. Those who actively participtate in their religion and study their own history. These aren't always "democrats." The second type are those who are born of the heritage. Not really Jewish. They only call themselves Jewish because they were born of Jewish lineage. Grandparents or whatever. These are those that you are talking about. There are alot of them and they are a rather vocal group. But in the reality is that thay are not Jewish anymore than you or I, being that to be a Jewish person is to believe in the Jewish religion. They seem to confuse it with race. Race and ideology are two different things. Just like being an Arab is to belong to a race. A Muslim belongs to a religion. You can have an Arabic Jew and a White Muslim.

I hope I didn't ramble into confusion there.....
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I disagree. "Jew" is both a race and a religion. I know many Jews that are "non-practicing", but they are still Jews.

I also disagree with "Jews are Democrats" and "Jews are anti-gun". The Jews that seem to be making all the noise, and getting all the notice are from New York, San Francisco, Washington DC. Places that are full of Democrats and anti-gun people. The Jews that are spread out over the country, are just like the Christians. They worship their God the way they want to. The vote Republican or Democrat. They own guns or they don't. They believe in taking care of themselves, or in the nanny-state. They are people.

Saying, "I am not being racist", when asking, "Why are all blacks thieves?", or "Why are all Mexicans lazy?", does not stop it from being a racist question. It's the same with "Why are all Jews Democrats?" When you lump an entire race of people together, and say, "They are ________", it does not matter whether you are praising them or disparaging them, it is racist.
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Thanks ALPO for that good common sense post. I could not have put it better.
  10. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

It is a fact, not racist or anti-Semitic, just a fact that Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat and are overwhelmingly liberal with all that denotes and connotes including supporting gun control. I'll not presume to explain it but refer you to Dennis Prager, a very thoughtful Jew who might be able to shed some light on it.

http://www.dennisprager.com/

Also, Rabbi Mermelstein (who is also Jewish:p):

http://www.gunownersalliance.com/

Lots and lots of Jews are not observant. Unlike most other religions, if you are born of a Jewish mother you are considered Jewish as it is both a race of people and a religion.

I disagree altogether with Alpo as asking this question is not akin to asking if most blacks are criminals, etc. as most blacks are demonstrably not criminals. It is more akin to asking "why do most blacks vote Democrat?" as most do, an objective fact. Not racist, simply a fact. It is an objective fact that Jews are liberal and vote Democrat. A fact.

Here is a definition of racism:
    If you observe that blacks seem to do well in professional basketball while most physicists are white, you are making a racist, though true observation.:confused:
  11. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Just from curiosity, since voting is secret, how do you know that "Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat"?

Do you know how I voted in the last election? How about the election before that? Do you know how your next-door-neighbor voted? Your garbageman? Your mailman? Then, how do you know how one Jew voted, let alone the entire group of people?

If you are going to state that it is, "just a fact that Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat ", please show me how you found that out. Show me the voting records showing that of the 6,444,000 Jews in this country, at least 3,222,001 voted Democrat. And that would just be a simple majority, not "overwhelming".
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If you make the observation, "There are more black professional basketball players than white ones", that's a comment.

If you make the observation, "Blacks are better basketball players than whites are", that's a racist comment.

If you say, "Most physicists are white", you are making a statement.

If you say, "Whites are smarter than blacks", or "Blacks are unable to understand the science required to be a physicist", that's a racist statement.
  13. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Elections are reported by precinct. The demographics of precincts are available from the Census Bureau. That is one way they put this stuff together. Exit polling and telephone polling are other ways. From personal experience I know that Jews often live near their Synagogues as they do not drive on the Sabbath. I lived for a time in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York, 85% Jewish and you would look long and hard for a Republican yard sign in that neighborhood. I lived in New York City which I believe is the largest group of Jews in the world outside of Israel and I had many Jewish friends and associates. I'm not going to try to prove that blacks vote Democrat or Jews either because this information if available in seconds on the internet.

An even better place to get this information is the "Almanac of American Politics"
    http://www.amazon.com/Almanac-American-Politics-2010/dp/0892341203
    I used to buy one every year when I was a political junkie but I have been on the wagon for ten years and donated to the library about 25 consecutive years of Almanacs five years ago, so I have none left.
  14. dge479

dge479 New Member

Why do so many Jews promote gun controll. Havent learned anything?
    I am Jewish by birth and it never made sense to me.
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

"The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others".

If that's the case, why is it that 'white' is not considered a race?
    People that are not 'white skinned' have carte blanche in dissing the whites. Yet that does not qualify as racism. Surely there's more to the definition than that.

Or is more like the definition of torture?
    You know..... the 'because I say so' definition.

If you think about it, racism/torture, is 'all about me'.
    There are uncountable people of color that are heros, wealthy, mentors, etc.
    To invoke the race card is disingenuous and not appropriate. It's not about race, it's about me.

One day the wolf will enter the pasture and the towns people won't care.

Kinda like a car alarm. I don't have one. I'm so tired of hearing them, I don't care. Your car, your problem.