Why El Nino is not going to form this year

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by targetacqmgt, Oct 19, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The documented warming on Mars, Jupiter, Triton and Pluto have cast the shadow of a doubt on anthropogenic global warming; and seems to indicate that the Sun is the driving force in global warming... who would have thought? In other words if you think man is responsible for global warming, are you blaming mankind for the warming of the other planets also?

One record of solar activity observation goes back four centuries, with consistent data collection: sunspot activity. Increases in sunspot activity mean an increase in solar radiance as, apart from emanating more UV radiation than normal, these are usually accompanied by solar flares and/or coronal mass ejections. The record, courtesy of enthusiastic astronomers who have dully noted sunspot activity since the invention of the telescope, clearly shows that not only have there been more and more sightings since the onset of the industrial era, but also that there were almost none to be found during the period known as the little ice age (1600-1750).

This has been going on since there was a Sun, an Earth, and the other planets! Solar flares and/or coronal mass ejections grow in intensity, and in frequency, just as they slack off, and occur less often. We are in a peroid now since about 1950 where Solar activity is the highest man has ever recorded.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now don't be racist here.

Joking....................................
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Dont let Al know this. He will set up office to represent the martians in a class action law suit aganist us.
  4. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

We are a couple of weeks into our annual ice age here. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

Dont let Al know this. He will set up office to represent the martians in a class action law suit aganist us.

And probably win!!!:yikes:
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. gad1111

gad1111 Member

I might believe the long term predictions if they could get tomorrows forecast right more than once in a while.

Greg
  7. mranum

mranum Member

+1000

It never ceases to amaze me how the one thing in the solar system that we KNOW makes heat, is never discussed when it comes to this global warming bs. "Magnetic North" has been shifting from "True North" for a while now and I never hear of that being discussed as weather related either.

It is man's arrogance to assume that the climate that we have today is the optimum climate for this planet.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

Instead these small people with small minds think that the heat for global warming is caused by man! We are creating a greenhouse effect! How stupid do you have to be to not realize that the greenhouse effect is the only reason we exist on this planet?
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Where is all that global warming when we need it. Could sure use it here in January.
  10. BillM

BillM Active Member

11. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Don't I know that-I came back to Great Lakes Naval Station new years eve 1968. I had on a navy sweater, wool jumper and bell bottoms, thick wool pea coat, ear muffs, I stepped outside of the downtown train station and got the shock of the "lake effect wind" at -3F or so and felt like I had NOTHING on:eek:
  12. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

It's worth pointing out, also,that ice melt in the arctic wouldn't raise sea levels at all. That ice is all floating anyway, so it is already displacing all the water it will.

There is a lot of hysteria and not a lot of fact to back it up.