why i carry ....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oscarmayer, Jun 11, 2009.

1. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
    I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in this world.
    I don't carry a gun because I am evil. I carry a gun because I've lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
    I don't carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose they were intended for a good long time to come.
    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because a real man knows how to take care and protect their property, themselves and the ones they love.
    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing armed thugs I am inadequate.
    I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
    I don't carry a gun to shoot to kill someone. I carry a gun and would shoot as necessary to stay alive. If the assailant dies as a result of a desire to harm me, it's no loss to society.
  2. 38 special

38 special New Member

good one oscar
  3. bizy

bizy New Member

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

The first time I told a friend that I had applied for a CWL he told me, "Only cowards carry guns.."

However, He now has a CCW..
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Very well said. I carry for the same reason I don't wear flip flops.
  5. PCMeanie

PCMeanie New Member

Pulled this one right out of the archives, didn't I?

I love the search feature!! :D

Oscar, you have no idea how true these statements are! The first time I saw this it was on the wall of a gun store in Daytona Beach, FL and I stood there reading it over and over with my jaw dropped. I had never known how to explain in plain english to someone why I carry a weapon. I read it over and over trying to memorize it, and obviously my old brain don't work like it once did!

I was so pleased to find these words where I could actually write them down and have my own copy! I have no clue who the original author is, but I thank them for putting into writting the words I could never find on my own!
  6. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Amen brother!
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i been called a coward for carrying a gun. people have questioned my faith in God, saying that i have dont trust in God because i am carrying a gun.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Very well said oscarmayer!
  9. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

And a BIG +1 from me!