Why I don't live on the east coast anymore...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by aa1911, Aug 22, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

woah! now that first pic is just wrong...

did you live in CA?

nice lookin' machine there though, complete with 4:1 mix!
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I grew up in California, lived there for 21 years before I got out.
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Well done pics , such well placed images makes you want to be there. thanks for sharing.
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I grew up in California, lived there for 21 years before I got out.
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Unfortunately there are many just amazing sights in California.

Like Burney Falls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lake Shasta with Shasta Mtn. in the back.

[​IMG]
  6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Yeah, I don't blame ya. Shoulda moved north instead! I could never tolerate CA's laws, kinda like NY state where the whole state has to suffer because of the major city. CA has some beautiful places for certain though.
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

forgot my extra camera batteries so didn't take very many pics but went out for a day trip for grouse and any opportunity bear/cougar. Only saw 2 grouse all day, but some good views for sure. Weather was perfect. First grouse was too small so I let it go and second one was armored or something, hit it twice with heavy field loads at reasonable range and it just flew away. Huckleberries are still out, most of the bear doo-doo was nothing but berries and a little fur. First pic is back towards Sunrise Peak ridgeline where I took the first set of photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

You know what one great thing about America still is? When I read this thread my first instinct was to post pics of where I live, in what I think is one of the most beautiful states. I'll bet everybody else who read felt the exact same thing. Some even went ahead and posted. Each pic more stunning than the last. (except those few from cpttango yikes) What a wonderland America is. Pray for her future.