Why I Own Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Mar 1, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I do not like living in fear and am blessed to live in the land of the free which was designed that way by our forefathers. I have had people in my travels who know that I don't stray far from my carry gun say "What are you paranoid?" My comment back to them is always "No, but If you want to see me become paranoid, than take my gun and you will see paranoid." It is ironically funny to me that these are the same people who are always trying to upgrade their home security systems and are always mad at the government for letting the crime rate soar. The truth is though, many people are too fearful to protect themselves and put their reliance in the hands of their government.

There are three types of threats to me. One is an intruder coming into my home. I have always said, I don't want to be murdered, but I will die fighting for my life. So with the typical bark of the dogs due to an intruder coming in or a bashing of my front door being kicked in, I am certain that I will always have that chance to fight for my life.

There is a second threat to me. If we as Americans allow a Muslim religion to embed itself into our country not only will we lose the ability to die fighting for our lives, we might just end up seeing our family and neighbors murdered as well.

The third and biggest threat is government. But remember, as long as we are a well armed society, there doesn't have to be a fight against our government. But if we lose that right through our own ignorance, it looks like well never have the right to fight for our lives or the ones we love.

This is not my opinion, it's my firm belief. Some people don't like to hear that, but I prefer the truth and history doesn't lie. I appreciate this forum because it puts me in a place with others that think, feel, and believe just like me.

One last thing to those that don't want religion pushed onto them. That to me is a justifiable reason to stand up and fight for your gunrights because even though your government shows no sign of allowing religion in schools, you might want to rethink that. I don't think you really want someone coming into your home and putting a gun to your head and then tell you to pray to their god. Also, I don't think it's on their agenda to give us a chance to pray. I think they would just like us dead.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Respectfully,
    Jim
  2. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

well said
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

YOU said it!:yeahthat::thumbsup:
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

guns dont scare me. People scare me.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Well said Jim!
    Couldnt agree more. And I hope to have my conceled to carry VERY soon.
    Ive put it off for to long as it is.
  6. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

you're preaching to the choir here!
  7. 76Highboy

That's why I like it here. Thank you.
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Certainly not bragging, but, having had my concealed permit for 25 years, I just cant imagine not having a permit. While I feel having to get a permit goes against the 2nd ammend, its either that or jail so I will maintain the permit.
  9. bobski

bobski Former Guest

nothing scares me.
    except tornadoes.
  10. 76Highboy

Hi Bob. My wife can scare me if I don't like her cooking.
  11. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Thanks for your support folks. We've around for Eleven years now and it's all because of our members and I believe the family atmosphere we have here.

I'm a veteran of 3 tours in Vietnam and when I returned home for the last time in April of '71 my first purchase was a .38 Colt Commando. I was naked without a personal weapon within reach. I've never been without one since.

God Bless America and don't forget to VOTE!:cool::D
  12. crplhood

crplhood New Member

I know how you felt berto, when I got back from Iraq I wished I could carry a pistol all the time. I couldn't even as a combat vet because the gov't decided I can be trusted at 20 years old with their M249, Berretta, and grenades but not my own pistol. Tell you what, I now feel better with my ruger p95...and it shoot a heck of alot better than their dimestore 9mm :)
  13. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I feel that if your a Vet or still active duty then you have all rights to carry at anytime no permit, but they should undergo a mental test just to make shure that there in the right frame of mind. That is some vets have postdramaticstreess. You all have had the training and then some. ;) I know that i would feel safe out and about in the stores. Lots of Vets out there to protect people.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Uhhh, no. Absolutely not. You want the government to regulate mental exams to our veterans to determine their frame of mind and whether or not they can carry a firearm? Really? That is outrageous. Some civilians have built in stupid too but they can buy guns all day long. We are working to de-regulate firearms in america not add more regulation. Geeeze....
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

good point!