why I should've started saving for our anniversary sooner, part I

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ducky, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ducky

ducky New Member

Our anniversary is next week and I should've started saving sooner. I figure I have a good excuse though, with recently exhausting my entire life savings and a loan against my left teste for her education. Nevertheless, I knew what day it was (well, give or take a day.. hey, I knew what week it was) and I should've started saving sooner.

For the last 2 weeks I've been getting subtle hints at what she'd like for a gift, all while I've been dropping hints at the one and only thing I want (Dillon RL550B with accessories, please.. pretty please?) and it just so coincidentally happens that she requests a $145,000 ring on the same day I get an information letter on a $150,000 life insurance policy (eep, hide the sharp stuff!). I'm sure she wasn't serious about the ring (I hope she wasn't), but either way.. I should've started saving sooner.

So I got choices, yeah. Do I surprise her with McDonalds by candlelight? Do I fib and say "your gift is on order and will be here in 2 weeks", buying me time to save an extra check? I got choices, yeah..

I think my Dillon would make a better Christmas present anyways.. I'll get her something nice, and my gift in return will be looking like an anniversary pro.

The End.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Ducky, you are in a real fix. I'll offer some advise,although I have never tried it.

Go ahead and buy the Dillon. Then purchase complete cal conversions for your lovely bride.

BTW, Let me know if this works. I've been wanting to try it for years. :D :D :D
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ducky

You buy the Dillon and....you are scr*wed !!! Why just not buy a silver platter and present your "right teste" for her enjoyment ?!! Women dig that kind of stuff..... :D

Seriously, drop the dillon, get her the ring....

mike
    gn
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Ducky just buy her the DILLON and then ask if you can use it every now and then worked for me :D :rolleyes: OK IT didn't go over very well but I still got the DILLON :D :D :D
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ducky these people are leading you astray... !!! Put off the Dillon, it will still be there later. Her feelings are another matter....

mike
    gn
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Do you want to “get some” in the foreseeable future, or don’t ya? ;)
    Simple as that.
  7. 358 winchester

I told my wife about your problem and she said I just tell you " DON"T BUY HER NO DANG RELOADER" she suggested the best chance you have is take her out fort a nice dinner and give her a present even if the lay-a-way ticket is all that is in the box. You , according to a wife, would be better off then to not have anything for her on that day.
    Me I still say buy her the reloader and the " get some" that pickenup spoke of I am sure that he was referring to get some extras for the press ;)
    good luck
    Ron

PS
    don't always take free advice if it was worth a darn it wouldn't be free :D :D

Attached Files:

8. ducky

ducky New Member

I'm convinced that some of you guys are trying to get me divorced or castrated (yes I'm looking at you 358 and shooter :) ). I have given in however, and will get her the good gift, and settle for leftovers. She gets the ring, I get a weedeater. :(

Although I'd really love to see the look on her face if I bought her a Dillon. :cool:
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Her opinion of your love for her is far more important than a chunk of steel that will still be there later on....
    I'm right on this one.

mike
    gn
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

God, how I hate saying this, but glocknutz is right "this time".

Piece and harmony over your wishes will work every time.
  11. 358 winchester

Not really Ducky
    Carla and I have a matched pair of Dillons his & hers :D only she don't use hers much so I keep it company on long days ;)
    Ron
  12. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Gasp! Glocknut has a sensitive side! :eek: :p :D :D
  13. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Who would have thought..............................................................
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

15. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Oh brother there is more to life than that , like a good gun..............:::::::::::D:D:D:D:D