Why Is Finding That Someone So Hard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hogger129, Jan 31, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Someone please answer this. I think you're all older than me and have been through this stuff before. Why is trying to meet and have a relationship with someone so difficult?
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

How old are you?
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Just turned 23.
  4. cycloneman

hmmmmm. still young. You will have to look at schools, college or work place to find a woman worth a dump. Other than that i have no clue. I dont think you will find your mate at a bar. Why are they so hard to find? Because most of them are not worth a dump. Most all our young women are now whores to some point, just look at the modern mtv. They are all crazy to some point. Good luck you will need it.

Also I think the higher the education the better. For instance in the engineering field there may be some women that listened to their daddies and have a direction in their life. They will be working in engineering offices or in the medicle field. Look for the ones that took the hard way not the beauty school dropouts. just a thought.
  5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hmmmm. Loaded question there dude. Do you bathe? Do you drive a Chevette? Are you like that guy on Credit.com? Do you eat roadkill? Kidding aside, maybe you stress the relationship part too much or just try too hard. You said on another post that you go bar hopping to meet girls. In my day:)eek:) Most of the girls who hang out in bars didnt want a relationship of the sort you are looking for. Maybe try making the rounds in other places like the beach or the mall etc. If you are a religican then maybe church.
    Ok then Try this. Get yourself one of these babies and you will beating them off with your gun...:eek: I mean weapon!;):D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Go to a bar and meet a drunk. Go a church and meet religion.

Go to a park with a dog and you're on to something.:D
  7. cycloneman

I just thought of something. All you gotta do is dress and act like a fag. They will flock to you like stink on ****. Then one day pick one out and tell her you want to see if she can change you. :p
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That too.:D
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hmmmm. I got married at 23 and 40 years later I still am....to the same woman.

I'm not sure that your age has anything to do with it.
  10. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Just be yourself. If you're acting a certain way to attract females, when you find one she'll think you're someone else! Imagine what happens later.
    How do I find women? Well, even as a fat middle-aged nerd I have plenty of ladies that come over and start conversations. How? Well, this usually happens at places I like, that cater to others that like what I do. I'm a nerd, so sci-fi conventions and medieval events are prime territories. I put on my kilt and a few tankards of Guinness later I usually have a nice young lady to talk to. You see, I've found ladies who aren't afraid to be nerdy with me and we have things in common to talk about. I've noticed ladies prefer kilts, I guess that has to do with self confidence which is also vital.
    Some basic tips that are always good ideas:
    Shower daily, and brush your teeth.
    Clean clothing is more important than style.
    A job is good.
    A reliable vehicle is good. Not necessarily fancy. That can be a turnoff actually.
    Don't try to act rich, even if you are. You'll only get gold-diggers.
    Don't brag about the gun collection, unless she brags first!
    A sense of humor is pure gold!
    A mildly deprecating sense of humor, properly displayed, is PLATINUM!
    Get her to talk about herself. Often. this is MANDATORY. It shows your interest in her.

Those are some basics.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Haha. Yeah MTV. I remember back when I was a really youngin in the early 90's. MTV was still good then. I didn't like TRL all that much. But they had Beavis & Butthead, Daria, Road Rules, Real World, music videos were on for a long time at some point of the day or night and it was rock - not this rap/pop/country crap they have on there now. I mean even the country they DO has a "pop" feel to it. Then that all went downhill. They have this Sucker Free Sunday crap, Real World/Road Rules challenge, Jersey Shores, when music videos ARE on it's all rap. What the **** happened? VH1 was good longer than MTV and now they are the same thing. Then they came out with MTV2 that was supposed to be videos and it became a clone of MTV. I get the Charter Cable expanded package with the box and watch Palladia. They have concerts and music that's got some artistic quality on there.

Idk. Hopefully they invent a time machine soon so I can go back to when most people were normal.
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yes I bathe twice a day. I drive a 2008 Jetta. I dress decent. Not like one of these half-ghetto/half-skateboarder with the flat brim hats.

Nice truck BTW.
  13. navis128

navis128 New Member

You need to quit looking...if you're worth anything she'll find you.

Go grocery shopping

(oh, but it you see formula in the basket...run!!)

just some "motherly" advice.
  14. navis128

navis128 New Member

Yeah, your still young and girls are impressed by trucks.:rolleyes:
  15. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Hogger, listen to this man. Just be yourself and do what you do. If you try to appear as someone else, it may get you a shot here or there, but when she realizes that you are not who appeared to be....she's gone. If she falls for you while being yourself, then that is exactly what she knows shes getting. I also agree with not looking in bars. Thats OK if you want a fling, but for a keeper? No. Not saying you can't find a good one that hangs out in bars, but don't EXPECT to find a keeper in a bar.

You never know when it will happen. It's all about being in the right place at the right time (and you can make that happen). Find someone you are attracted to and start a conversation. Complimenting her is always great way to start. It can be anything....her traits, a dress, a necklace....anything. When you get comfortable and the ice is broken, ask her out. It's that simple. To dinner, a concert, etc. The worst thing she can say is "no". You have a 50/50 chance with each one and there are PLENTY of them out there. With 50/50 chance each time you are bound to hit a win eventually.

The main thing is, YOU have to take action. Unless you are Brad Pitt, they will not come to you.....you must go to them. Just don't dispair....it will happen when you least expect it.

Oh, and if you're going to use a vehicle as an edge.....get a Harley.:D And carry an extra helmet. I can't tell you how many women say something like "nice bike" (they have just broken the ice). You can reply by asking if they have ever ridden before and then offer a ride. The sound, vibration;), wind and the freedom gets 'em wound up every time.