Why is this NOT racist????

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by terryu1, Sep 20, 2011.

1. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

From "The Hill" today : "Unhappy members of the Congressional Black Caucus “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president, according to CBC Chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.)."

Why is this not a racist statement. They are saying if a white man was President they would be marching but given the same conditions they will give the black man a pass???
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It is simple. Black people cannot be racist. Only white people can be racist.

I thought everyone knew that.
  3. terryu1

?????????????????
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It really is that simple Terry! The white man is a devil, he is racist, everything is his fault! Since I'm not white, then I get a pass!
  5. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

precisely. one time i was sitting in a Cici's pizza buffet, just quietly eating my pizza, when this big black dude started cussing me out, calling me every name in the book, obviously trying to goad me into a fight. i kept my head down and ignored him. after all, he was just "fighting against his oppressor", since i oppressed him by being born. but if i had started calling him names back i would have been an "evil racist muthaf*cka". nice double standard we've got here, eh?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Just makes no sense whatsoever. But yet they want to be equal? what would they complain about then?
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

This is what I was taught in high school. Genuinely.

I had one particular teacher who carefully laid out exactly what racism is, both by denotation and by connotation. In the United States today, only whites can be racist, only males can be sexist, and only Christians can discriminate based on religion.

Treating people as though race, sex, or religion matters only in issues where such genuinely matters--for instance, sex in determining which restroom is appropriate--is still racist/sexist/bigoted. You have to acknowledge that a person is disadvantaged because of his/her race/sex/religion (but God knows you don't dare refer to a woman as "the weaker sex" :yikes:), but you can't say it, you just have to give that person prestige/pay raise/whatever the hell that person wants to make up for the fact that someone with a similar trait years ago perhaps was mistreated by someone with a trait similar to yours.

It doesn't have to make sense; it has to subvert democracy by giving inordinate power to minority groups. It's ironic that the groups which traditionally support the Democratic Party are those who benefit most that the United States has a republican system rather than a democracy. But try explaining that to someone. :banghead:
  8. herohog

herohog New Member

Any group who sets themselves aside based solely on COLOR is by definition a racist organization...
    You cant call yourself the BLACK caucus and not be racist... Its just impossible...
    NAACP..... BET........ Black Panthers....... Black Student union..... I could go on....
  9. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

imagine the flak you'd draw if you started the WHITE caucus ;)
  10. terryu1

I guess that is why I could not apply to the United White College Fund to get financial aid for my daughter. We had to do something novel and she worked through college.
  11. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Most members of the Congressional Black Caucus are Democrats and so is the President. Do you suppose that might have something to do with it? They did not give Republican Condi Rice a free pass under Bush. Thus, I think there is at least one other explanation.
  12. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. terryu1

WOW Who Da Thunk!! Thank You all for the education. LOL (snicker, wink)
  14. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

15. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Who knows. Racism is okay when you're not white I guess.