Why Ron Paul is the GOA's choice for President

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by abudabit, Dec 7, 2007.

1. abudabit

abudabit New Member

The GOA's favored candidate for President 08 is Dr. Ron Paul, 10 term congressman and Airforce veteran. He is a no compromise 2nd amendment supporter. The 2nd amendment says the right to own arms SHALL NOT be infringed, and Ron Paul fights all attempts of infringement. All of the other candidates in their careers have compromised. If you are a GOA member it is most likely because you want no compromise advocacy. If you want a no compromise president, consider Ron Paul.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

All politicians lie... I don't trust any of them to protect our rights. And how can I get info on GOA?
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

4. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

5. Northalius

Northalius New Member

RIPBiker, very true... politicians lie. But, we've got to pick one, right? ;)

If you look at Ron Pauls' very own voting record in Congress, you'll see he has extreme integrity in not unjustly using peoples' tax dollars.

One case, was where Ron Paul voted against giving Ronald Reagan the Congressional Medal of Honor, since it costs the tax payers $30,000. Is Ron Paul anti-Reagan? Nope. He was actually one of his best friends, and helped get Reagan elected back in the 1980s!

As you can see, his integrity is astounding. Go read many of his speeches to Congress! In one, he says: "Mr. Speaker, I rise in opposition to this bill, since it simply makes government bigger."

Ron Paul is called "Dr. No" in Congress, because he always votes "NO" to anything that puts further burden on the tax payer, or votes "NO" to anything that even thinks about infringing on American citizens' Constitutional Rights.

He even disagrees with some of the Amendments of the Constitution that are unjust when compared to the context of the founding fathers' spirit. Like the Amendment the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, that gave private bankers control over our currency! And ultimately took the gold away from backing it, and put interest on each dollar borrowed by the government... and thus why we're in such huge debt today: Overspending, and interest on each dollar borrowed. And this is why the inflation is so high. Our dollars' worth is going down all the time, since the Federal Reserve prints out more and more, with no gold backing it.

Read up on Ron Paul here: http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

The more you learn of Ron Paul, and his history, the more you'll start to see something different, and say to yourself "Wow... he isn't the usual politician I've known of!"

But even then, we never trust government. No matter how nice they are! I agree! We always protect our liberty and the Bill of Rights, as if it was a diamond, carrying it in the midst of thieves.

But, again, we've got to vote someone in, after all. And Ron Paul doesn't look like the usual "lesser of two evils" we're so used to seeing. No. He actually does look "GOOD!" :)

He puts blame of 9/11 also, on pilots not being armed. The government refused to arm them, and even today hardly any are armed.

He speaks of the Virginia Tech school shooting, and how, if anyone else was armed, this murderer would've been stopped a lot sooner, and more lives would've been saved. Or, it could've been prevented, since the killer would think: "Wait, others are armed in this school, so I will not have much a chance in killing many people. I'll try elsewhere."

You never know. ;)

Click on the link I posted above, and then click on the link that says "Gun Control and the 2nd Amendment" to read up on Ron Pauls' stance on the gun issue.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  6. HippyInASuit

HippyInASuit New Member

Dr. Ron Paul is a true statesman, not a politician. :)
  7. BobMcG

BobMcG Active Member Supporting Member

Lets say that's true and lets also say it's true that he's a firm believer in civil liberties by being the strongest supporter of the 2nd. That's all fine and dandy and protecting my civil liberties such as provided by the 2nd are very important to me. However, IMO he stands about as much of a chance of being in the final run as a snowball has a chance of surviving in hell and never has.
  8. patrol

patrol New Member

He sounds like exactly what this country NEEDS. Unfortunately there are too many liberals in this country and even the GOP compromises their principals to the point that they no longer speak for the conseratives such as myself anymore. Every day I watch the TV I feel more and more alone in my belief that this country has it's priorities and values to the vulgar extreme left. Wheter it's the discrace of illegal immigration being ignored at the appearance of nonpolitical correctness or civil libiterians taking away the power of our military to do their jobs without having to answer to some hippie washout senator who thinks dripping water on a terrorist is torture I'm feeling more like Im one of the few americans who want a strong minded american canidate to stand up and sa "No more" this country will not be invaded and torn apart by apathy and worrying about pleasing the diseased liberal mind. You become a legal citizen and get in line starting behind those that are here and trying to do so now and if you don't you get deported and at no time will you receive any social security or medical benefits that way you will be motivated to either be legal or leave. And if you own a business and hire illegals over american citizens you will be jailed or fined so heavily you will not have a business. If you dont believe in God that's fine, you don't have to pray in school with those that do,thats the extent of taking judeo christian values out of our schools and workplaces, if you are offended too bad, move to iraq and cry over there about your rights. How could anyone even consider another Clinton in our whitehouse? He was the most disgraceful person I have ever seen occupy the oval office. How did we get to the point that some filthy rich talk show host influences such a large group of ignorant americans to endorse a man just because he's black who has no experience in leading whatsoever, never served this country and has a MUSLIM background and name? OBAMA HUSSEIN give me a break. Edwards was a greedy lawyer whose frivilous lawsuits destroyed business and put hard working americans out of work so he could make a name for himself. I thought a great deal of Rudy because he really did clean up New York City despite the fight he had to endure from all the scum who thought law and order was a violation of people's rights, regardless of the majority of people he effected were just too lazy to work or didn't want to be bothered with cleaning up the scum. but he is weak on the 2nd ammendment and weak on immigration, so he won't get my vote. We need someone definately, but I don't know that Paul is even still in the running. I pray for this country. Maybe Condi Rice or Collin Powell will jump in at the last minute. I don't guess they have Reagan in a cryostate capsule so we can bring him back to life do they?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  9. That's it in a nutshell, Bob. Paul can't get the Republican nomination, and even if he did, he's unelectable in November against either Clinton or Obama. Face it folks--and I don't like it any better than you do--this country has turned left at least for the present, and whoever is elected in November will not be from the conservative/libertarian side of the political spectrum. The best we can hope for is that someone who is only moderately liberal--McCain or Romney--makes it in, otherwise, we are in really deep kimchi.
  10. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Self fulfilling prophesy. :(

EVERY other candidate is a gun grabber.
    BOTH sides.

I'm buying ;) getting ready for the next ban.