Why stop at guns?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by pl1215, Jan 26, 2009.

1. pl1215

pl1215 New Member

May 24th 2008 Trumbull county, Ohio. A man and a woman were living with another woman when they decided to murder the lady who gave them a place to stay. They disabled the lights in the apartment, and waited for the woman to come home. When the lady came home with a friend; the man and woman killed the ladies male friend, and critically wounded the woman. Their weapon of choice; a knife.

June 8th 2008. A man in Tokyo Japan killed 7 people, and wounded 10. His weapon of choice; a knife.

August 1st 2008 A man on a bus in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada killed a passenger. His weapon of choice; a knife.

August 10th 2008. A man in China killed the American mother and father of an Olympic athlete. His weapon of choice; a knife.

January 24th 2009 A man in Belgium killed three children at a day care center. His weapon of choice; a knife.

After the liberals get through taking away our right to bear arms and confiscate all of our guns and rifles, they are going to have to start on knives. After knives, then it will have to be forks, ice picks, screw drivers, wood chisels, box cutters, and any other sharp instrument that could be used to injure or kill some one. I can’t see any better proof of that old saying, “ Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.” than the afore mentioned cases.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Unfortunately in this country they did not stop at guns. Knife carrying, even a modest lock knife is now a serious offence.

Until a few years ago I carried a lock knife in my pocket every day. I used it thousands of times for just about anything you can imagine but not any more. Although I never committed any offence with one, I cannot carry one today. And so the world became that little bit safer !!!

What nonsense.

I drew a cartoon for a magazine some years ago with two police officers at the scene of a stabbing, one is holding the knife up saying 'if these were banned that man would be alive'.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
  3. SolidVFR

SolidVFR New Member

4. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

it doesnt suprise me that all those people and many more chose a knife.. im sure you realize that a knife is the best weapon there is. 1)it never jams...2)it never runs out of bullets...3)you hardly ever have to preform maintinance on it...4)its easy to conceal...and the most important one...5)you dont have to have any training or familurization to know how to operate that particular knife. i too carry a knife. heck i carried a knife every day of my junior and senior years of high school...granted i live in a small town, was in JROTC, and knew the Principal and School Resource Officer (deputy sheriff, for those not familure with that term) very well. but, its still a felony to have a weapon on school property. id get it out in front of them! and the conversation usually went like this: Principal/SRO-"What you got there Mr. Shumate?"..."Oh, just an expensive letter opener..." and nothing else was said. it wouldnt suprise me in the least if they tried doin to us what has been done to Tranter and his fellow countrymen, but how would they know if i was carring a small jack knife? (refer back to #4)
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Perhaps not at all 21b but what if they found out? A spot check, metal detector where you were not expecting it. They are not after the likes of you and I, but the penalty would be the same if caught.

Prison time? Worth it? I think not. They win by default.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    And what would happen if you did use it?
  7. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    How in the heck you guys gonna cut up yer LIMES .... :eek:... ... Scurvy gonna get ya all . :p

Seriously.... ;) .... is there a blade length restriction.
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Line in the sand, line in the sand! Put the stupids on one side.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I agree totally. But why just go after knives. More people in the U.S. are killed in traffic accidents every year than by guns and knives combined. It is time to ban the evil automobile. We will not only save lives but an awful lot of tax dollars spent annually in highway maintenance and repair costs.
  10. oldogy

oldogy New Member

This has been one of my arguments for many years. Repeate offenders, those cars .:rolleyes: Very unsafe:rolleyes:
    Ya have to remember that a polititians job is not to solve any problem but to create or think there is a problem and then act like they are doing something about it. A real bunch :eek:of misguided misfits for the most part.
    ray, the oldogy