1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Why?

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

jeeper1
    (12/3/01 7:23:51 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Why?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why do some of the postings end up so wide that I end up with a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen?
    As an example in the general discussion forum today the posting started by gpostal is almost 3 screens wide. it is entitled "big pos from us".
    Fortunately most postings are narrow enough that I don't have a problem.

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 12/3/01 7:51:34 pm

shooter22
    (12/3/01 8:52:00 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Why?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not as technically as knowledgable as some of the others, but I think it has to do with the filesize of a pic, or gif. If it is too big, it increases the screen size. It don't happen very often. It might also have to do if you have a small monitor. These are all that I can think of.

shooter22

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/3/01 8:57:36 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Why?
    Jeeper,

The post you refered to is narrow on my screen
    however, some oversized photo's will make the
    screen longer.

If you go to any of the main forum pages near the
    the left top you will see a link that says "My Control
    Center", click on it and when the next page appears
    click on "Edit preferences" and in there you will see
    a place that says "Post Area Width 60"

You can change the width of the text area when posting new messages. Depending upon the browser you use, you may want to increase or decrease this value.

Tac

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

jeeper1
    (12/3/01 10:30:39 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Why?
    Since the wide screen only happens once in a while I will live with it. In looking back at the posting the web site address is the probabal cause because it is so long.