Widener's Reloading & Shooting supply Inc. review UPDATE

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by lockmasteroz, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

Warning to all consumers considering purchasing any product from Widener’s Reloading and Shooting Supply! My name is Mike and this is a review of my first and very last purchase from this company. On September 12 2011 I was shopping online for several things including a new Lee Challenger Breech Lock Reloading Kit, Widener’s was one of many companies that had this kit available at a good price so I ordered it along with some other items thinking the transaction was done, I then waited 7 days for it to get here via UPS, upon arrival I felt like a kid on Christmas morning opening his gifts all was good and I inspected every item in the box piece by piece only to find in the Lee box numbered 90030 I received only 1 breech lock bushing I then got on the computer and went back to their website because I believed that their listing of the Lee 90030 explained that you would receive 3 breech lock bushings. Now before you say to yourself well that was just a typing error and you can just buy the bushings from them separately for a minimal cost. Let me explain what happened next. I called Widener’s the next morning and spoke to a lovely sounding lady explaining that the ad stated that I was to receive 3 breech lock bushings she put me on hold, at that time I was thinking she was looking up my information and was going to be getting back on the phone to explain to me that she(Widener’s) would take care of the issue and send me out the bushings I did not receive as per their web page listing, but instead she got on the phone and explained to me that they do not open the boxes received from Lee and that it was Lee’s fault and politely gave me a phone number to Lee’s customer service department so I called Lee and another very polite lady answered the phone I then explained to her that I had purchased a 90030 from Widener’s Reloading Supply and it was missing 2 of the bushings, the Lee representative then explained to me that the packaging had been changed some time back and the newer 90030’s being shipped did not come with 3 bushings, she apologized to me and then told me that Widener’s was informed about this change via a letter so they could update their web site and explained to me that Widener’s was responsible for the missing bushings. Now before you blast me, yes the cost of the bushing are minimal ($7.99 from many places). I called back to Widener’s and explained that I had called Lee as per their request and found that they (Widener’s) should have made corrections to their (Widener’s) web page, the same lovely lady explained that it was not her fault but it was the web page guys fault, then transferred me to the web page guy, he then explained that he was sorry and the web page would now reflect that you (the consumer) would only receive 1 breech lock bushing with the purchase of a 90030 Lee Challenger Breech Lock press kit, so I asked if I could expect to receive the promised bushings from them and he said that he would ship them to me if I paid for them freight free of course. Now before you say to yourself “what a complainer he could pay for the bushings and everyone would be happy” think to yourself for a minute, if you owned a supply business that relied on repeat business would you treat your customers this way. I’ve been in the retail business for 30 some odd years and I’ve worked for my self , independently owned companies and even corporations and never would I have thought one minute about taking care of the consumer (us) on the very first call i would have stepped up, sent out those bushings apologized to the customer. Then found out what may have happened with the web site, corrected it before it could happen again and then every body would be happy! Now just so you know the cost on these bushings to a company such as Widener’s is less than the advertised price of $7.99 is it really worth the hassle to send them out or even offer the consumer (us) a discount on a future purchase ask yourself how would you handle this then you will see the kind of representation this company (Widener’s Reloading & Shooting Supply Inc.) has and then you can make up your mind about doing business with them. Also I have a copy of the web page in PDF form showing that I did not make this up you judge for yourself if this is right or wrong. Thanks again, Mike
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Re: Widener's Reloading & Shooting supply Inc. review

It's called passing the buck.

I would have spoke with a supervisor at both Wideners and Lee to try to get the issue solved. I will recommend you call again and I'll wish you luck.

Now, before someone else says it......You should have bought a DILLON. :D
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I agree with the supervisor part and I'm surprized LEE just didn't go ahead and send them to you.(Must be a sign of OBOZO's new economy). But you still made the right decision on the reloading equipment. You can't beat LEE it's the best by me!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
  4. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

The bad thing is that a friend of mine recomended them (Wideners) to me, the company (person) I would have purchaced this from was out of stock at the time. I belive that the representatives of the company (Wideners) had the chance to do what was right but chose not to. Like I said in the post i've been in the customer service industry (automotive parts) for over 30 years and the first thing they teach you is if a customer leaves your store unhappy with the results of his transaction he will tell everyone and their dog about it, but if he leaves feeling satisfied he may only tell a few close friends that he was done right and usually give several years of repeat business to that "person" you noticed I said person not company thats because people buy from people not companies. Thanks for the kind responses Mike:(
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I disagree with the "I'm surprised Lee didn't fix it". Wasn't Lee's screwup.

If you go to Sears, and last week lawn mowers were on sale, but the sale is over, and the clerk forgot to take the sign off the display, they sell you the lawn mower for the sale price. Why? Because that's what they advertised.

Wideners said it came with three. Does not matter if Lee does not ship with three anymore, Wideners said it came with three. They need to ship him two more, on their dime. Either the company eat it, and call it "customer relations", or the guy that screwed the website eat it, and call it a "learning experience".

If Wideners did not give me the two other thingies, THAT I PAID FOR BECAUSE THEY WERE PART OF THE PACKAGE I BOUGHT, then I would go on as many gun websites as I could, and spread the word that they had ripped me off.

But then, I'm a kinda vindictive SOB.
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I said I'm suprized LEE didn't take care of it because I've heard of so many times where they have taken care of things that were'nt their fault. They bend over backwards to make you happy.
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I feel that Wideners customer service dropped the ball on this one. I also agree that the problem doesn't fall on Lee. They only made the product. But they will sometimes step up to the plate to correct a wrong even though it's not their fault.
    Again, I would call Wideners and work my way up the ladder until the problem was corrected. If they fail to do so, I'd send their junk back for a refund and buy from another source.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  8. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

Well the web site guy I spoke with on 09/20/2011 from Wideners contacted me through another message board today. He said if Lee would reimburse them (Wideners), they would send them to me.:confused: I still have a bad feeling about this. Mike
  9. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

You didn't buy from Lee; you bought from Widener's. If you did not receive exactly what had been advertised by Widener's (and that you had paid for) then Widener's is at fault. They need to correct their problem. They shouldn't put any conditions on it. If it were me involved and it was not satisfactorily corrected immediately I would do two things:
    a. Never, ever buy from them again, and
    b. Tell everyone possible about the poor service received.

Just one man's opinion - but I hold myself to even higher standards than I expect from others.

Right is right and you are being treated wrongly.

BullShoot
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yep, absolutely. Not Lee's problem.
  11. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

Today the web site guy from Wideners contacted me via another message board to say that Lee was going to reimbuse them so they (Wideners) will be sending out the missing bushings.Mike
  12. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

I recieved the bushings today. Actually I recieved 2 boxes of 2.:eek: I contacted the web site guy and asked him how he wants me to ship the overage back to him.
  13. lockmasteroz

lockmasteroz New Member

Although I was upset and dissappointed with the initial purchase from Wideners, they have redeemed themselves, and with the loyal following they seem to have I feel they deserve to be my go to supplier for future purchases. Thanks Mike
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

glad you got it sorted ...
  15. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I have to agree, Lee, stands behind their products. I have broken parts of my Lee Classic Loader, and they gladly replaced them. Free of charge. I have had no problems with Wiedners, but then again, I pick up my purchases at their warehouse.
  16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

I to use widners. My first ammo order with them was to be pick up as I live just over the border in NC . That lady you probably talked to called me with in 1 hour after seeing were I lived and said that do to tennesse tax's and ammo fees she could ship to me 35 dollars cheaper. I said save me money !! heck yes ship it.

Glade you got it all worked out . they really are a good company but some don't reliese they are a very large shipper and sometimes stuff happens.