Wideners Reloading Supply

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by gdmoody, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I ordered 6000 primers on the night of September 10th (this past Friday night). I got them today, I don't think I have ever had this fast service with any other company! WOW, four days and two of them a weekend! :)

This won't be my last order from Wideners!
  2. 199er

199er New Member

I've not ordered from Widners before so I glad to hear their service was timely.

I have browsed their website and found their bullets to be very reasonably priced but can you tell me if you found their shipping and handling rates reasonable as well?
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've only ordered from Wideners once, but it was in the fall of 2008.
    They sent me a can of seven hundred 7.62x39 for about $164 with the shipping. About $14 shipping for a ~30 lb. package seemed fair enough to me.

They are the first site I check when I'm looking order online, but I mostly just get stuff here locally.
  4. 199er

199er New Member

Thanks for the info on the shipping.
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Widener's is a pretty decent outfit to deal with. They used to sell mil-spec 308, .223, .45 and 9mm FMJ projectiles from IMI, and the prices were great. Don't think they sell much of that anymore, so I quit ordering from them a few years ago. But they were always great folks to deal with. They start carrying those bullets again and I'll start buying there again.
  6. 199er

199er New Member

Thanks Jim.
  7. wingspar

wingspar Member

I only found out about Wideners recently. Out of all the places online, they were the cheapest for Golden Tiger 7.62x39 with shipping included. I ordered 1,000 rounds. Since I am on the opposite coast, shipping came to $44, but all the other places I looked at had similar shipping costs, so I “bit the bullet”, and ordered from them. Other forums all have positive comments on Wideners. UPS says delivery date next Monday, the 20th of the month. Now, I can stop rationing ammo when I go out shooting. :D
  8. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I check Wideners frequently but have yet to place an order w/ them. Heres a link to another post with a link to a news story about Wideners recent explosion...http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=81503

Felt bad when I read the story, maybe get an order to them, help 'em out a little.
  9. wingspar

wingspar Member

I placed my order with Wideners after the fire, and it was delivered today. The building the fire destroyed did not contain ammo, but casings and fireworks. Unfortunately, it arrived too late to go shoot some of the stuff, but it’s going to be some time before I need to order any more 7.62x39. Box was 38.5 pounds, and the UPS guy made sure I knew it was heavy when he handed it to me, but I already knew that. :D I’d order from Wideners again.