The Firearms Forum banner

wifes question

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  hunter29180 
#1 ·
she wants a better explanation than i can give and of course she thinks i am bs'ing her!!

.22 magnum ..is this the same as .22 WMR..i tried to explain it stands for Winchester Magnum Round..but no go

maybe if a few of you could chime in and either verify my thoughts or tell me i'm a Idot as wife thinks......

#9 ·
Repeat after me......."Yes dear, you are always right....I am a idiot." and not for the question...just because you want to sleep in your bed tonight.

#10 ·
Buncha chickens...

Hens need a rooster to keep em in chek. ;)

.22WMR stands for Winchester Magnum Rmfire... Not to be confused with .22WRF, which stands for Winchester RimFire, which is an older round but will safely fire in a .22WMR chamber... However .22WMR will not be safe to fire in an old rifle or pistol chambered for .22WRF... capeesh???

#11 ·
Hunter, here's the real deal.

Winchester invented it, so they called it the Winchester Magnum Rimfire. Federal did not want to put "Winchester" on their ammo boxes, so they just call it 22 Magnum. Remington did not want to mark "Winchester" on their rifle barrels, so they just call it 22 Magnum.

There are many like this. Glock will not chamber their guns in 45 Automatic COLT Pistol, 40 SMITH & WESSON or 9mm LUGER. Instead they are chambered in 45 Auto, 40 Auto and 9mm Auto.

You very seldom see a gun or a box of ammo marked 38 S&W Special, or 44 Remington Magnum, but that's the actual names of the cartridges. The competition just does not like using the whole name. When Marlin started chambering rifles in 30 WINCHESTER Center Fire, they did not want to put WINCHESTER on their guns, so they called the round the 30/30.

#15 ·
votes in 8 for hes a idiot.(wifes vote always counts as 2!! its in marrage vows!! men just dont ever remember that part!!) 2 not giving a opinion..(afraid of their wifes response?) and 2 roosters who still dont know when not to CROW!!

so im right and hes a IDIOT and hes right on the ammo, im just more RIGHT than he is!!

#16 ·
Wow....... this thread sent me on a 15 minute web search. I recall my nieghbor had a pump rifle with an odd .22 caliber designation & I could not remember what it was ....... finally found it .... WRF
yup, thems the ones...

#17 ·
votes in 8 for hes a idiot.(wifes vote always counts as 2!! its in marrage vows!! men just dont ever remember that part!!) 2 not giving a opinion..(afraid of their wifes response?) and 2 roosters who still dont know when not to CROW!!

so im right and hes a IDIOT and hes right on the ammo, im just more RIGHT than he is!!
cockadooooodledooo!

#20 · (Edited)
son of a IDIOT!!

actually she posted that..we were..well ..having a antimated conversation you see.....:eek::eek:

#21 ·
those always end well for me... I love the make up part of a heated debate with the woman...:D

#22 ·
those always end well for me... I love the make up part of a heated debate with the woman...:D
YA! that part went REAL well!!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.