Wild hogs

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by bizy, May 24, 2009.

1. bizy

bizy New Member

I live in south central Oklahoma 25 miles north of Red river. I am looking for a farmer that would like to get rid of some wild hogs. I see things on TV that sound like no body wants these animals tearing up thier crops.

I would like to bag a few hogs. I haven't hunted in years and have never hunted protected game. Deer, turkey, elk.

If anyone would like to get rid of these ferral hogs, please email me at bizy@simplynet.net.

I am a VN vet and promise not to hurt, trash or burn crops or other animals.
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I'm guessing most ranchers have an issue with hogs in that region. I'd knock on a few doors and talk to them. We got access to land in TX by helping a rancher by rolling out hay for him to feed his cattle once a week. He lived about 50 miles for this piece that he was running cattle on and it worked well for him and us. We saw him there one day working on the land and stopped and asked him. We only shot hogs and when we were finished with our snowbird season we bought him a gift card at Academy. It was worth it for us as it gave us something to do while we were down there for the winter and the sausage is excellent.
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 New Member

Hey Bizy, did you get my PM? catfish