The Firearms Forum banner

Wild pork Ribs

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ThunderStick300MAG 
#1 ·
We'll see how this turns out, I dont have a recipie for crock pot ribs but I have a little time on my hands this morning so I'm playing in the kitchen! :D

One rack of ribs split into sections that will fit in the large crock pot.
1/2 bottle of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce (all I had)
1/4 bottle Kraft Original BBQ suace (all I had)
About 8 of the long green onions diced, didn't use the leafy part-And some 5th Season Chopped onions.
Tbs of butter (because I saw the butter and wanted to use some) :D
A little bit of pure honey
Very little crushed dried jalapenos-A few La Contesta Jalapeno slices
A healthy amount of Adams Cajun Seasoning
some garlic salt.

Tossed it all in the crock pot on low, we'll either eat it or toss in out the back door in about nine hours.

Crpdeth

#3 · (Edited)
Heh Heh, Fair enough...If I dont post back you'll know I took ill from the mess and didn't pull through. :D

ETA that I have taken seven hogs in the last 36 days so I have nothing to lose...If I had to buy the meat from the store I'd have done a little recipie research first.

Crpdeth

#5 ·
Plenty meat...Plenty, got a big mouth full right now.

Turned out pretty decent, I didn't anticipate having to work so late this evening (making deer/hog links) so the ribs stayed in the crock pot just shy of 12 hours, when I tried to pull out the first section all I pulled out was a bone that just fell off the meat, if that dont explain how tender this stuff is nothing will. :D

Wish I had some dinner rolls to go with it, but I got in to late to bother as Darla has gone to bed, just opened a can of ranch style and a can of diet Mountain Dew...Not bad for a hillbilly dinner.

Crpdeth the content.

#6 ·
Venison Ribs

6-8 lbs. venison
marinade of 1 part vinegar/3 parts water
2 bay leaves
1 sliced onion
2 teaspoons salt
10 peppercorns
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup water
1/4 cup steak sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix enough vinegar and water to cover ribs. Add to mixture: bay leaves, 2 teaspoons salt, onion, and peppercorns. Put ribs in large pan and cover with marinade. Refridgerate for 2 days. Remove ribs from pan and drain on paper toweling. In a saucepan combine rest of ingredients and heat to boiling. Brush ribs with sauce and place over medium-hot charcoal coals. Grill until tender basting every 10-15 min., turning frequently. Time will depend on heat of coals and age of deer. Allow at least 1 hr. SERVES: 4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.