Will a deal get done?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Dec 9, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Will a deal that doesn't trash the US economy (and our personal finances )be agreed to before the end of the year? It's not looking good.

2. TotheTop83

TotheTop83 Member

Since the sides are so far apart and we're so polarized, I doubt there'll be a deal. There will be a temporary fix to push the fiscal cliff back another year or so. Then we'll deal with all this crap again, except the cliff will be bigger and our credit rating will be even lower.

Prove me wrong, congress.
  3. whirley

whirley Member

Take the cliff. The other half is MANDATORY spending cuts which Obozo doesn't want, so threatens to cut soc. secutiry and medicare. It's all White House BULL socks. The Washington bureauaucracy is so bloated, it could easily be cut back by 200 billion annually, and we'd never hear a burp. All departments get an automatic increase of 8% annually whether they need it or not. Jimmy Carter started a new group to free us from foreign oil. Still no solution in more than 30 years, but an annual budget of over 26 billion. Washington is FAT CITY!
  4. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Agreed, but they won't.

If they do, then the Media and Obama will blame the Republicans and 2014 will be another Democrat landslide victory.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

The very simple answer to the question is No.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's a win win for the democrats. No deal they just blame the republicans. If the republicans do make a deal they will sell out the people that have supported them.
  7. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

Thelma to Louise ......Punch It ! Let's go .......please !
  8. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    A lot of people seem to think that, but I was reading an article last week that made a persuasive point that this could come back and bite the dems in the a$$. If I find a link to it again, I'll post it.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Don't make any deals with them, go in and cast an abstention vote or merely vote present and leave. Don't give them anything that they can use against you later. If they are hell-bent on destroying the economy, let them do it without your fingerprints left at the crime scene. With no Republican involvement in this fiasco, even the dumbest of them will eventually have to place the blame on the Democrats for their financial woes.
  10. markfh

markfh New Member

Ditto... I've got gold, silver and lead. I'm ready.
  11. XP100

XP100 Member

Republicans need to put an offer on the table NOT changing anything. Then when BHO rejects it no one can blame the Rebublicans. Only one they can blame is Obama.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Demoncat's want the Republican'ts to come up with nothing. Does the American people understand what Obozo, and crew will do to this nation if they have no restraints/budget? My fear is that the Republican'ts want the same thing as the Demoncat's!