will feds be allowed to read our e-mail?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ShawnDow, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

allowed or not.. I just assume any communication I make nowadays is viewed, recorded or monitored. Heck.. TALKING to someone face to face may even be recorded by electronic survailance on or near the person you are speaking to.

your thoughts in your head are about the only safe communication these days.

I'm sure that may eventually change too :)

have to start putting MORE tinfoil inthe hat at that point I guess.. :)
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

what makes you think they are not doing it now
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

They want some recipes for the smoker or want to read the Dick Morris report, let em read mine.

If you think the alphabet groups in DC are screwed up now, let em monitor my thoughts. They better hope odramacare pays for couch time. Their gonna need a lot of it :crazy:.
  6. vytoland

vytoland New Member

"big brother" monitors everyone and has for a long time:eek:
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

they already can
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

NSA server farm that is the largest in the world. They are just not listening to Terrorist anymore.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+1
  10. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Project ECHELON

It's more than just emails.
  11. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

It's in the courts right now in Ca, if the "authorities" should be allowed to monitor the internet/email activity of registered, and released sex offenders, I believe a law was already passed to OK it, but now is being challenged in court right now, and so far it looks like it's going to be struck down,

Sex offenders already have to register, if you haven't looked at the Megan's law website, and checked your neighborhood for registered offenders you should, you will be surprised, if not angered, especially if you have kids, it shows exactly where they live, address, and what their offence was, if it was abusing a child, whatever, it shows it all, so on one hand the first reaction may be to say YES, absolutely the internet activity of THESE people should be monitored, I personally think it should, they have made their bed and now they have to lay in it, but then others might argue that if that door is cracked open, how long before it swings open all the way and everyone/anyone could be fully monitored? for any reason deemed adequate, tough call.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I can't look at that web site. I will go into a blind rage and I will exhaust all of my ammo supplies I have spend the last few years building up.
  13. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Which website?
  14. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

http://www.megans-law.net/Megans-Law-Table-Of-Contents.asp

Pick your state, follow the links to your county/area, put in your address, and be prepared to find out just who is living close to you and your children,

EDIT: there are 2 states that do not/will not participate, but I don't recall which ones, and they may have joined in this since I last heard about it, I thought Colorado was one of them, but it's on the list,

EDIT #2: that link appears to be bad and/or outdated, just google

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d...08658ca495e542&bpcl=38897761&biw=1016&bih=564

and add your state on the search line after "megans law website", so: megans law website Colorado or whatever state you live in, drill down to your area by folling the links,
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  15. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Ya I know, but you gotta know who's house your kid is walking by on the way to and from school, or on the way to the park they like to play at etc.