will feds be allowed to read our e-mail?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ShawnDow, Nov 20, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I wasn't sure if he was referring to Megan's Law or the wikipedia link I posted.
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yes the feds can read your e mail
  3. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

LOL funny there are folks who think there are not people already reading them...
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I think the original post about the Leahy bill was more about the legal issues of capturing electronic communications without a warrant, rather than whether it is technically feasible or not (which it is of course). As to whether large scale snooping is actually taking place or not is debatable. That said, good old Alex Jones is on another of his conspiracy rants about this sort of thing. ;) Personally, I don't give a damn (at least for now).

5. gman51

gman51 New Member

Since when did the feds ask to be allowed to do something? They do it and deal with it later if they catch any flack about it. Has anyone besides myself noticed how viewing of websites has many more interuptions than it used to have? Viewing of my email has alot of interruptions it never had before. Maybe it is just server overload.
    If I surf the net for something whether it is information or an item I will then see alot of email quickly come related to what I was surfing for. So no doubt our web use is monitored and that does not get hit for being illegal snooping. My pc protection is constantly removing adware and tracking programs. I guess that is basically just thought of as surveying so it is ok.
    I guess we would have to prove our email was being read by the govt. Could you prove without doubt that was how govt. got information about you? I imagine if the govt. arrested you their reading your email would be last on your list of worries. Keep your nose and guns clean.
  6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Gunny

You don't build a server farm with enough storage to record everything every person in america does on the internet for 10 years with out doing just that.

That NSA server farm is the largest I have ever seen. They build one just south of where I live and it was huge and couldn't even touch the one the NSA build out in the middle of the desert.

A person might not be looking at what we are doing. But they are logging everything. It is really an invasion of privacy and against the law.
  7. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

Like paperwork for buying firearm. Border check point inside the USA. Police in NY stopping a searching people with no warrant or cause. The list goes on...