Will U.S. Troops Fire On American Citizens?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by steve4102, Apr 11, 2012.

1. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

2. BillM

BillM Active Member

Well heck--it's not like they haven't done it in the past, just do a quick
    search for "bonus Army".

Here is a list. Last time I checked places like Idaho, Minnesota and Colorado
    were in the U.S.. Not so sure about Washington D.C any more, but it's on the list too.

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Who would believe that in the year 2012 one would have to ask if the U.S. Military would fire on American Citizen’s?

The question of troop involvement in a possible upcoming Martial Law scenario that is being predicted is no imaginary possibility – nor is it a ‘conspiracy theory’.

Other tough questions are being discussed such as, “Will the U.S. government confiscate Gold and Silver in an economic collapse?” and “Will there be a round-up of American Citizens to be put into FEMA Camps?”

Many believe that the United Nations will be given authority to step in to keep the peace in any civil unrest or economic collapse. This is a strong possibility.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't buy into this. We don't need a civil war. I don't think our armies will fire on citizens.
    Without that the government will not have the tools to get away with this.

You never know so it may be good to get ready.
  5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Some will, but most won't. If ever you were looking for an unlawful order to disobey, that would be the one. Troops have no obligation to follow unlawful orders, even if they are issued by the CIC.
  6. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Comeon Fellas....Lets face the music..if YOU were in the military, would you shoot? I can answer that for you..If they are shooting at me with intent to take my life??? you had better BET I would respond in the same. as far as following orders?? well in such a case would you expect the order givers to tell you the truth?? YA.."you guys go in there and capture those nasty "DRUG DEALERS""...(snicker..snicker..who cares those drug dealers never delt in drugs in their life ....they just "opposed" our rule...snicker..snicker)
  7. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

But would seasoned American troops fire on armed citizens protecting themselves, their families, and their rightfully earned property? It is one thing to ask a soldier to kill unarmed civillians, I think (hope) that over 99% would balk at that. But if you told a squad to "Go onto the old Johnson place, and confiscate all his weapons and gold" they would be wary.
  8. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I think it's very likely a certain individuals of the armed forces would fire on a large portion of the general public.
  9. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Such a scenario would cause the political collapse of whatever administration is in power. Powers that be do things in more a subtle manner or it blows up in their face.
  10. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

US troops have already fired on unarmed, US citizens in Kent, OH on 05/04/1970 @12:24 PM. Four persons were killed and 9 more were wounded.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

And that's not the only time it's happened!
  12. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

The U.S. Armed Forces number in the range of 1 million to 1.5 million troops.

The current population of the United States is in excess of 310 million people all spread out over 3.5 million square miles.

Current estimates of the numbers firearms in the hands of private individuals in the United States is as large as 450 million.

Those odds are way worse than Gen. Custer's at the Little Big Horn. :eek:

......................'aint that 2nd Amendment a bitch? Thank you Founding Fathers!!!! ;)
  13. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

what the difference between the Boy Scouts and the US military?

armor and air support
  14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

The reality is that the majority are likely to obey orders. The military tends to work that way. :rolleyes: It's not that the sentiment of the military is in favor of firing on citizens but in a likely scenario, we wouldn't be just "citizens". We would be some sort of threat to national security.

Just imagine a standoff somewhere between armed citizens and a military unit. Even if most had no intention of shooting and were sympathetic to the citizens cause, most likely the majority of military members would follow orders to go where they were told. So now we have two groups of armed Americans facing off. I can just about guaranty that someone will get nervous and shoot or have an AD, then all hell would break loose. In the past troops have in fact fired on unarmed citizens, how much more likely would they be to open fire if the civilians were armed??? A lot.

P.S. Oh, and by the way, we may have more guns but the military has toys you wouldn't believe...AND, they know how to use them.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  15. carver

carver Moderator

M1 Abrams with it's M256 120mm Smoothbore gun up against a bunch of civilians armed with AR's, sniper rifles, pistols, and a few full auto guns. My money is on the Abrams!