Williams Fire Sights....

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I've been looking at, and pondering the purchase of a set of Williams Fire Sights for my 6" GP-100, but they've been on the unavailable list at Midway.com for a while now.
    Today I checked, and they were listed as available, so I jumped at the oppertunity, and ordered a set for $38.95.
    The front blade has the optic fiber bead, and the rear sight has two of them. They look like they'll be a bonus for shooting bullseye matches and dot shoots. I haven't been doing "too" badly with the stock sights at the local bullseye matches...(I've managed to win two of them)...but I'd still like to shoot a little better. I really don't care for scopes and red dot sights, and preffer the challenge of iron sights, but this just may be a good compramise between the stock iron's, and a red dot scope.....

Anybody have any expirience with Williams Fire Sights....please chime in....
  2. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

I have used them on several different guns, I think both my 10/22 and my Ruger .44 mag carbine have them on them and it seem like my Remington 700 MLS might have a set on there too.
    Williams makes a nice set of sights for the money, there are better sights out there in both iron and fiber-optic but Williams is a nice balance of price to quality.
    They also seem to embed the tubes just enough to take some of the fraility that plagues most fiber-optic sights, yet still are open enough to gain enough light to be useful; again a nice balance.
  3. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I ordered these sights on Monday morning, and they showed up in today's mail....I've found that when ordering from Midway.comm, the USPS Priority Mail option is much faster.

They were a breeze to install, and I'll head out to the pistol range early Saturday morning to sight them in. I have a bullseye match at noon, so I'll have to get them properly adjusted before the match starts, and with any luck, these new fire sights will give me an advantage......
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Major League improvement....

After getting these sights dialed in to my 148 grain wadcutters at 50 feet, they not only helped my bullseye shooting scores, they also helped with shooting the steel plates and combat poppers with magnum loads....

I'm real happy with them, well worth the 40 bucks.....
  5. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

Glad ya liked 'em... :)