1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Win. 69A owner's manual

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by kmw67, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kmw67

kmw67 New Member

A friend gave me a completely disassembled 69A - he found it in a barn rusting away. He thought he would clean it up, but he never got to it & passed it to me. I now have it cleaned up, but have no idea what goes where. I am sure I could figure it out, but it would ease my mind if I had a manual to follow, just to be sure. I checked Winchesters website, but since being bought out, it doesn't offer a lot as far as older items go. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would be happy with a scanned copy in .pdf format, if anyone wants to take the time. Just the diagram would be great! Thanks to any and all who respond.
  2. Petethefishman

Petethefishman New Member

3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Attached Files:

4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome kmw 67! I dont mean to hijack your thread but seein as your question has been addressed I just want to ask a question. Anyone know the difference between the Mod.69a and the Mod. 69?
  5. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

69A bolt cocks on opening, 69 cocks on closing.
    69A has a sliding safety
    69A does not have the big honking cocking knob
    69A does not have a tapered barrel.
    69A has a slightly adjustable trigger.

The 69A also has an 'A.'
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks Stone. I have the Mod 69 and was wondering the differences. BTW, No ser#s so do you know approx. how old this thing is?
  7. TCoggins

TCoggins Member

According to my Gun Trader's Guide, the model 69 was made from 1935-1937, the 69A was made from 1937-1963.

My dad and I were just looking at this info the other day. He has a 69A that belonged to my grandfather, and it will be handed down to my son, as soon as he can actuate the safety.

Tim
  8. kmw67

kmw67 New Member

Thanks to all who replied. Belated Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
  9. olafhardt

olafhardt Member

Jim Wood's book on assembly/disassimbly of rimfires covers this. It is one of the Gun Digest guides.