Win. Model 320

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by keppler, Oct 26, 2003.

1. keppler

keppler New Member

Anybody know the story on these? I believe they were made in Australia.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The only info I have on the 320 is from the 2003 Standard Catalog of Firearms.

Bolt action .22 rf repeating rifle with a detachable 5-shot box magazine. 22" barrel, open sights. Made between 1972 and 1974.

Exc. - $350

V.G. - $300

Good - $250
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Says the same thing in the Blue Book.
    Just a little different price.
  4. A Cooey by any other name...

Winchester purchased the Cooey Firearms Corp of Canada in 1961 and produced 60-some odd models up there in the Great White North. Many of our familiar US models were assembled in Canada under different model numbers as well.

A considerable number of Winchester-Cooey products were exported to Australia and New Zealand, but to my knowledge Winchester never assembled guns in either of those countries.

Winchester-Cooey stopped production in 1974, the same year the Model 320 was discontinued.
  5. keppler

keppler New Member

Thanks folks, thats what I was needing to know.
  6. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Kepp;ler, is that 320 a 22mag? it should be. This designed by the same aussie who brought us Kimber of Oregon. First the old man then the son, son went to work for W for a while. I have a Oregon Kimber 22LR, and have couple W 310 clips new in box that are IDENTICAL to the Kimber clips. Just can't remember their name, Aussies answer to John Browning?? I mite be interested in trading for something if U R??:cool:

Jack Warne and his son was Greg. came to me in a flash............sometimes it happens but not oftenI can fill U in a bit on that history if interested

Does Warne sights ring a bell?

Dam Kimber is gorgeous but I am not sure xactly what model it is. comes close to some of blue book and Krause decriptions but not quite; such as 26LPI checkering.............IB:cool:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  7. keppler

keppler New Member

Thanks IB , The rifle is a .22 s,l,lr. I always like hearing the history of firearms.
  8. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Kepp---I was rong, 310 single shot,320 repeater, 325 22mag. But I stand by the rest w clips for that IDENTICAL to the Oregon Kimber. Yar I got'em.:cool: