1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Win. Model 94 Commemorative....What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by crownover, Apr 26, 2006.

1. crownover

crownover New Member

I have located a Model 94 Texas Ranger Commemorative Saddle Ring Carbine 30-30, NIB, complete with hang tag, wax paper, manual and some other items....never been fired.

Thank you in advance.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Can't really narrow it down that much but the Commemoratives run about $350.00 give or take if you try to sell it at a dealer. Private collectors will pay more
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The Texas Ranger Carbine in 100% condition lists at $695. Original price was $135. If this is the Presentation grade, the price jumps to $2,750 since only 150 were made.
  4. crownover

crownover New Member

Thank you.

It is the commemorative M94 Texas Ranger. There were less than 5000 made.

The seller is asking $850. When I first looked at it, it was only out of the box for less than a minute . It may have some light rust on the receiver, but I'm not sure at this time. I know that would decrease the value. From the condition of the box, it may have been improperly stored. The cardboard is slightly wavey like it had been in a humid area for a long period of time or, it got wet at one time.

Would I be out of line if I offer $300 to $500 if indeed it does have rust? Or $600 to $700 if it is 100%? Or.....should I forget about it and concentrate on a pre-64?

Thanks again!
    Crownover
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

It takes many years to get your money out of a commemorative! You should make an offer based on what you see is there. If stored like you state, I would not even consider it except as a shooter only!
  6. crownover

crownover New Member

:) That's a real coincident. He actually has another one that had been shot a few times.

I plan to check the rifle real close the next time I look at it.

Thanks for the advice inplanotx. It is very much appreciated.

crownover
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

If a commemorative has been shot then its worth is as a regular Winchester 94. It has NO collector value anymore.