1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Winchester 1894 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Danjet500, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Danjet500

Danjet500 Member

Ok, I know next to nothing about old Winchester rifles. Please educate me as to why this gun is worth $16000. I know that a lot of it has to do with the "gotta have it" factor but why is this particular rifle worth so much? Rarity, condition, desirability? All of the above I suppose? I personally don't think I could justify spending that much money on one firearm even if I could afford it.

http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=975804284
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

I think you answered your own quetion " Rarity, condition, desirability".
    In the world of "Big Boys Collection" , this is pretty normal and actully not all that expensive.
    After all ,how much is a mint con. colt 1873 worth or mint Henrey rifle worth ?
    What you are looking at is probably the best of the best that can be bought. And the best always demandes the big bucks.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

First, it is a takedown rifle, rare in the '94. Then it is a deluxe rifle with special wood and hand checkering. Add the extra barrel and the excellent condition, and $16k is not extreme. FWIW, the Blue Book (31st Edition) shows the deluxe rifle in 95% at $12k, and that does not include the 20% or more for the takedown version or the 25% for the caliber. Add in the extra barrel, and $16k comes easy.

Like Danjet500, I will not be buying one any time soon, but we can all drool.

Jim