Winchester 22 model 67

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Ronnie02, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Ronnie02

Ronnie02 New Member

I have a winchester .22 rifle model 67, Can anyone tell me when it was made? I got it from my grandfather and he told me it was pretty old. Also anyone know the value? Thanks.
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

The 67 was made from 1934 up through 1963.
    They're not serial numbered since that wasn't required before the GCA of 1968 so pinning down the year of manufacture is kinda hard although I do know there are some differences over the years.
    I know the trigger and bolt changed from chrome plating to blued sometime either during or shortly after WWII, but that's about all I can tell you right offhand.

Value depends on condition but even if it's very pristine it's not a high priced rifle. It was a cheap entry-level single shot and tons of them were made.
    Can you post up a picture of the rifle? That'll help pin a dollar figure onto it.
    Otherwise, I'll just throw out a $100 figure which is what the average condition single-shot seems to go for up here in ND.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome to the forum Ronnie and Bindernut is spot-on. In pristine condition, they rarely bring over $225 and 99% are in the $50-$125 range. They're fun shooters. In fact, I passed the one I had down to a friends daughter last year for her 10th birthday last year.
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The earliest ones had a finger groove in the forearm but I don't know when they quit using it. The last one I had I gave five bucks for but that was about 30 years ago.:D
  5. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

If it is marked Model "67" versus "67A" it was manufactured before January of 1938. Production began in May of 1934, and the early rifles have an elongated finger groove in the forend. In the early part of the year 1935, the finger groove was eliminated (cost reduction).

As has been mentioned, the value range for the Model 67/67A is typically in the $50 - $150 range. That stated, I have seen truly near mint condition examples sell for $500.

Bert H.
  6. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

There are some exceptions to the 67 that add a bit more value. I have one of the first year models and it has the factory holes drilled and tapped for scope blocks. This required relocating the proof mark so it wasn't covered by the block. There were only a certain number of the 67's that were factory drilled. My gun also has British proof marks and the upside down arrow brand in the stock which was a British military acceptance mark of sorts. I researched and found that a small number of the 67's were sent over to England and used in home defence training and cadet training. Bad thing with mine is somebody re-varnished (very well) the stock while the bluing remains fairly worn.
  7. Ronnie02

Ronnie02 New Member

Thanks everyone for the Info. Its marked 67. I wouldnt get rid of it, just wondering what it was worth and was looking for info about it. Heres a picture not the best but took with a cell phone the place isnt as bad as it looks on the right side took it with flash on.

[​IMG]