1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Winchester .22 pump, bolt action

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sctman800, Jul 27, 2003.

1. sctman800

sctman800 New Member

I am courious about two guns I have aquired, I don't guess either have a lot of value, I am more interested in their ages. First is a model 61 pump with Weaver scope G4, s/n 83xxx. This is a nice gun shoots very good, I am guessing 90%. Second is a model 67, single shot, bolt action. This one shoots very good also, but is well worn, also I cannot find a serial no. on this one. The pump came from my stepdad who died in 1976, the bolt action my mother (89years old) used to hunt squrills years ago. I take both of them out shooting but the only way I will ever get rid of them will be as a gift to my son. Thanks in advance for your trouble, Jim.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF sctman800! The Model 67 was manufactured between 1934-63 without a serial number i'm not sure how to pin it down more than that. The Model 61 shows a still significant value. Mfg. between 1932-63. What type of barrel is on it? There were somewhwhere between 343,000-344,000 produced so it sounds like you have one of the earlier ones... [​IMG]
  3. wundudnee

wundudnee New Member

Yep, What Smokin Guns said.

Your 61 is probably the small forearm early model with the straight cut barrel, and if it is a standard round barrel 22 S,L,LR is probably in the $300.00 range.
    If it wasn't drilled for a scope or possibly an octogon barrel the value would be considerably more. Still a well made quality rifle that would be a pleasure to own.

The model 67s were never serial #'d so the only clue as to date would be in 1938 they did away with the fingergrooved stock and the takedown screw was resessed flush with the stock. The 67s are starting to gain a little collector interest, but they have to be pretty nice to bring over $200.00. Most well used 67s are worth between $100.00-$175.00. However as you say, it's family and how do you put a value on that?

The thing about owning a couple of old Winchesters is they are addictive and pretty soon you have a whole closet full.:rolleyes:
  4. sctman800

sctman800 New Member

Cool, yes the 61 22 S,L,LR is the round barrel. The 67 22 S,L,LR is also a round barrel and does have the finger grooves and the takedown screw is not countersunk. So, that means it is from 1932 to 1937. Like I said they won't leave the family, just something nice to know. Thanks, Jim.