1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

winchester 357ae lever action

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by old semperfi, Apr 8, 2012.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    shortly after deer season i purchased a winchester in 357,then a deal came up on a anniversery ruger flat top in 357.it seems that one followed me home also.i have been trying to develop a load for both.well i have and its bad to the bone,im loading a 158 grain hornady fp/xtp hollow point over 17.7 grains of h110.this is a max load and i dont want anybody to try it without slowly developing it and checking for problems.i only use new brass.the bullet travels just over 1900 fps in the rifle and is a handful in the pistol but very accurate.i live in indiana and we can only use a rifle if it shoots pistol ammo.im ready for next year.i did however but a 1.5-5 verible power scope on the winchester and it great.let me know if anybody out there has a pet load for their winchester 357. old semperfi