winchester 357ae lever action

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by old semperfi, Apr 8, 2012.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    shortly after deer season i purchased a winchester in 357,then a deal came up on a anniversery ruger flat top in 357.it seems that one followed me home also.i have been trying to develop a load for both.well i have and its bad to the bone,im loading a 158 grain hornady fp/xtp hollow point over 17.7 grains of h110.this is a max load and i dont want anybody to try it without slowly developing it and checking for problems.i only use new brass.the bullet travels just over 1900 fps in the rifle and is a handful in the pistol but very accurate.i live in indiana and we can only use a rifle if it shoots pistol ammo.im ready for next year.i did however but a 1.5-5 verible power scope on the winchester and it great.let me know if anybody out there has a pet load for their winchester 357. old semperfi