Winchester 67A

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Xaiver56, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I just wanted to share some pics of my Dad's first rifle, a Winchester 67A. He gave it to me two years ago and I love shooting it. I am more of a handgun guy, but I have this Winchester 67A and a Remington 597 that I do try to shoot at least once every couple of months. Believe it or not, this was not the first gun I ever shot (even though it would be great for new shooter introductions). The first gun I ever shot was a Glock and even though I don't care for Glocks, it was the gun that got me shooting. My Dad had kind of forgotten about this gun and he found it going through the attic. He wanted me to have it and even though she ain't as pretty as others, I definately have a fondness for this firearm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been thinking about getting a .22 handgun to add to the collection. And after posting these pictures I am already wanted to get back to the range for some inexpensive shooting.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My very first gun back in 1940 was a Winchester Model 67. I was a great shooter and killed many-a-rabbit and crow. He even challenged me that if I could bring five rabbits home on the same day, using only five bullets, he would get me a repeater.

I was presented with my first Marlin Model 39 before 1941 ended !!!!!
  3. frogman

frogman New Member

4. medalguy

medalguy Member

I have one of those that belonged to my dad. He got it right after WW II when he worked for the Texas Highway Department as an engineer. He told the story that one day one of the draftsmen came in offering raffle tickets for 25 cents each. He needed ten dollars for something and wanted to sell the rifle for ten bucks, thus 40 raffle tickets. Back in 1946 ten bucks was a lot of money. He wanted to help the guy out and bought a ticket. A week later the man walked into his office and presented him with the rifle. He won!

It's a nice shooter and I use it frequently to keep the population of chipmunks down.