The Firearms Forum banner

winchester 69 22 cal

7K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  ernest3203 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Know about what?

I'm still trying to figure out what you wrote.

#4 ·
i just found out thru a very large supplier that winchester on the 69 model made 3 scopes for this model....instead of the winchester mark being on the off center of the barrel and mating base, they r on the lower left.. they made a 3x,,, 5x,,, and 8x. only the 2 smaller ones are marked "winchester"! my barrel has the correct mounting holes(Tapped) and also the same 3/8 dovetails grooves for sights that come factory. he informed me that this is a rare set-up , when scopes became popular , now he has these and is sending me the 5x with blocks and rings and all.....and the scope is as old as the rifle. comprendo??? i am excited . how cool is that with the original winchester scope???

#7 ·
Winchester-branded telescopic sights were first offered in 1937 for the Model 69. Options were a 2¾-power scope with crosshairs or a vertical aiming post and a 5-power scope with crosshairs. Open sights were retained; the scopes were boxed separately and attached to integral bases on the barrel by the rifle's buyer.[

#13 · (Edited)
Can you tell me what Mnfg and the model of the gun in the stand? The first Picture. It looks very much like the Ranger I just acquired. The only differance I can see is the very back of the receiver on the right has a cutout about 1 inch. I have been searching for Info. I think it was made by Marlin for Sears.

#14 ·
look closely and see if your gun is here on this old advertisement.......yours may be the one that came wioth the micro-sights....... am not sure cuz i cant see your gun........ but the one you see is the one clearly marked "ranger" no numbers , nothing.. originally by marlin , but then stamped out by ?? for sears and montgomery wards , hope this helps.......

Attachments

#15 ·
by the way..... the gun you mention in my pic on the top..... is only stamped "ranger" , and against my religion dont mess with it if it fairly nice but that gun was nothing but a blonde , truely rusted peice of hardware. i think it came out good , for now i am using a brass finger guard... and "scribed ranger in a 1/4 in brass plate for the buttstock.... now i am finding parts i may return her to her grand glory.. i have about 90 hours in re-doing her but all in all i think she turned out good P.S. glad the spiders climed in the barrel. cleaned it and it looks amazing bore-wise....thanks again

#16 ·
I can't tell which of the top 2 rifles are like mine. I think the only differance between the two are the sights and mine had no sights when I received it. I was plesantly suprised to find out the rifle belonged to my Wife's Great Grandfather. It was his pig gun. I traded a 91/30 for the Ranger and a Savage Model 67 12ga. Will post pictures if I find my missing camera.

#18 ·
That is a great ad, I wonder how old it is. I'm guessing by the prices it was in the 40s. Just went searching for pictures to post. Cant find them or the camera. This getting old makes you loose things.

Here's a few
Product Brown Red Magenta Line

Wood Product Brown Photograph Line

Brown Product Gun Firearm Trigger

Wood Brown Gun Hardwood Firearm

#19 ·
A few more
Product Brown Line Hardwood Tan

Product Brown Gun Firearm Photograph

Product Photograph White Line Technology

Attachments

#20 ·
Ranger

Found my camera, Maybe this will help.
Technology Air gun

Product Wood Gun Brown Firearm

#25 ·
so after a little chat.... the conclusion maybe that it was set-up using the 55 w? or the 57e5 sight....... means yea it was what i call the micrometer sights and i forgot what the last number of the 55w?. sorry and oh yes the model 69a was ----- to the best of my knowledge---- was the only one that came w/ swivels for sling

#26 ·
You have to pull the plunger after closing the bolt to cock it. The two screws on the side do nothing. I thought they were just to plug holes for some type of scope mount. I made the rear sights and also made the front sight post and hood. The swivels could be aftermarket. When you say Model 69 you arent refering to Winchester 69 are you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.