winchester 69 22 cal

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ole iron sights, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ole iron sights

ole iron sights New Member

i
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Know about what?

I'm still trying to figure out what you wrote.
  3. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

What in the world are you talking about??? The 69A has a grooved Rec. like all modern .22s. Your post is too creptic.

RC
  4. ole iron sights

i just found out thru a very large supplier that winchester on the 69 model made 3 scopes for this model....instead of the winchester mark being on the off center of the barrel and mating base, they r on the lower left.. they made a 3x,,, 5x,,, and 8x. only the 2 smaller ones are marked "winchester"! my barrel has the correct mounting holes(Tapped) and also the same 3/8 dovetails grooves for sights that come factory. he informed me that this is a rare set-up , when scopes became popular , now he has these and is sending me the 5x with blocks and rings and all.....and the scope is as old as the rifle. comprendo??? i am excited . how cool is that with the original winchester scope???
  5. ole iron sights

i said 69 not 69a
  6. ole iron sights

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government....Thomas Jefferson.
  7. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Winchester-branded telescopic sights were first offered in 1937 for the Model 69. Options were a 2¾-power scope with crosshairs or a vertical aiming post and a 5-power scope with crosshairs. Open sights were retained; the scopes were boxed separately and attached to integral bases on the barrel by the rifle's buyer.[
  8. ole iron sights

t
  9. ole iron sights

just a show and tell of my partial colection... i do hope you like these

Attached Files:

10. millman

millman New Member

You have some pretty rifles.
  11. ole iron sights

:
  12. ole iron sights

here is my version of the 10/22 ruger "bullpup' w/ laser and spot and snipe light on the side.... love this thing 261/2 inches in length. pressure tabs for laser and led. love this thing

Attached Files:

13. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Can you tell me what Mnfg and the model of the gun in the stand? The first Picture. It looks very much like the Ranger I just acquired. The only differance I can see is the very back of the receiver on the right has a cutout about 1 inch. I have been searching for Info. I think it was made by Marlin for Sears.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  14. ole iron sights

look closely and see if your gun is here on this old advertisement.......yours may be the one that came wioth the micro-sights....... am not sure cuz i cant see your gun........ but the one you see is the one clearly marked "ranger" no numbers , nothing.. originally by marlin , but then stamped out by ?? for sears and montgomery wards , hope this helps.......

Attached Files:

15. ole iron sights

by the way..... the gun you mention in my pic on the top..... is only stamped "ranger" , and against my religion dont mess with it if it fairly nice but that gun was nothing but a blonde , truely rusted peice of hardware. i think it came out good , for now i am using a brass finger guard... and "scribed ranger in a 1/4 in brass plate for the buttstock.... now i am finding parts i may return her to her grand glory.. i have about 90 hours in re-doing her but all in all i think she turned out good P.S. glad the spiders climed in the barrel. cleaned it and it looks amazing bore-wise....thanks again