1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Winchester 94 parts question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Win270, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Win270

Win270 New Member

My 1969 model 94 30-30 has a ragged edge metal part that can be seen with the hammer cocked. See photo "Win 94 SN 327..." Compare that to photo "Win 94 SN 325..." which shows the same part but with a squared edge.
    What is that part, and will that ragged edge cause any problems, or is it just poor final assembly? Both guns are pristine, and appear unfired.

Attached Files:

2. michaelcj

michaelcj New Member

Well that's a machined part of the frame "rear web" and should not look like the one in your first photo. Hard to say what could have caused the damage. I don't have any post 64 mdl 94s and I don't know if there is something in the hammer group on those that could have chipped away the steel like that. Would also make me wonder where in the hell the pieces are rattling
    around in the trigger group and what the part that did the damage looks like.

Mike J