winchester 94

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Lars
    (4/5/02 4:25:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All winchester 94
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi!
    My friend has a winchester 94 trapper 357 mag. I was quite surprised when i found out that i had to empty the magazine before i could refill it. Is this right? Shouldnt it be possible to refill the magazine without removing the remaining cartridges?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/5/02 9:18:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: winchester 94
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome aboard Lars, one of our clever lever action
    folks should be along shortly to answer your question!

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/5/02 9:31:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: winchester 94
    Well 'HI' backatcha Lars... be patient... I'm sure your answer will be Professionally answered shortly.

Ya'll come back now...Ya' hear

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/5/02 9:49:59 am)
    What is the problem. Is the round in the magazine going too far to the rear to let you push down the loading gate to insert the next shell or is it something else?
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/5/02 9:54:24 pm)
    You should be able to load the magazine at any time, other than being full, or the action open. As Jeeper said, sometimes the loaded rounds may project rearward past the loading gate, not allowing it to be pushed inward. Try easing them forward a bit with your thumb enough for the gate to get behind the rim. Then, you should be able to insert another round. May have to do this for every round.

On my Marlin 1895, I use round nosed bullets to nudge the loaded round ahead slightly prior to pushing inward on the gate. Works for me.

Lars
    (4/6/02 4:27:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del winchester 94
    I think the problem is that the next cartridge is blocking the loading gate. What can cause this? Could it be some worn parts?

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/6/02 7:04:56 am)
    It's possible, although I suspect that it more a case of a rough finish on the loading gate where the case hits it. It my be possible to polish that part of it and then touch up the bluing once it is smooth and working right.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>