Winchester Commemorative .22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by doubleslover, Oct 1, 2010.

1. doubleslover

doubleslover New Member

Looking for a little info. I have a .22 rifle that is made by Winchester which would have been made at the Cooey plant. On one side of the barrel it says "made in Canada by Winchester. On the other side it says "T.Eaton Commemorative and below that " T. Eaton 100 anniversary 1869-1969. All writing is in gold. This gun also has a Mannlicher stock with a Buffalo Bill medallion set into the stock. Now I acquired this gun from a collector awhile ago. I was told it was a prototype that never went into production and as far as he knew, it is the only one there is. This gun was test fired at the factory and has some handling scratches. Has anyone else ever saw a Winchester .22 with the Mannlicher stock? If this is indeed a "one of a kind" prototype, should there be a particular value I should be placing on it for insurance purposes? Just trying to shed a little light on this gun.