Winchester in Canada?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Bill Sweetman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Bill Sweetman

Bill Sweetman New Member

Hi guys I'm in Montreal Canada and am very interested in Win's model 70 Extreme weather ss. But, I was told by a local hunting shop that we can't get win guns here because Win Canada went belly up?!.......I want to hold and physically examine one before I buy.

So I guess my ? is ..............Are the dealers right (I think they just don't deal with win or they don't want too)? If they are not right where do I go on the net and physically?

Thanx:

Bill
  2. Sandman

Sandman New Member

I would certainly think that American made Winchesters would be available there??? It would be hard for me to believe otherwise...
  3. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I have a hard time believing that they only carry Canadian made win guns. I would call around to some other gun shops.
  4. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Hey Sweetman, I think Zkovach is wright on the money. This sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I would try a private dealer if thats an option. By the way, that Winchester model 70 is a real good choice. Good Luck !!!!
  5. Bill Sweetman

Bill Sweetman New Member

Well the gunshop in ******* Quebec is full of crap!!!(I'm too polite to use the word that comes to mind!) I found 2 shops that carry them. Although once I handled said arm I decided it was not for me, but in my travels I did find a gun that I do like but would like some freedback......good or not. The gun I found is the Browning x-bolt Varmint Stalker in .308 cal........................ usually I am not too keen on synthetic stocks rather like the look and feel of wood and or laminated wood but I think the DURA-TOUCH feature really won me over!!

Bill
  6. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Hey Bill, I got to check out a Browning x bolt compoite stalker in 300win mag what a great rifle. I feel the same way about the synthetic stock. My first exspriance with synth, was with a Remington model 700, I got use to it after a good trip to the range. Still prefer wood!! That Dura-Touch coating is one sweet grip. The 308 is ok, I think it is marginal for any thing larger than a deer ( My 2Cents wourth! ) Any way looks like you picked a winner. Hey maybe you should check out Hornadys new Superformance Ammo for that 308. Good luck and have fun!!!!