1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Winchester lever action Golden Spike

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Joseph Filippi, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Joseph Filippi

Joseph Filippi New Member

I was given a Winchester lever action 30 30 Golden Spike Commemorative by my uncle who was a CEO for the U.P. Rail Road and was wondering what it is worth. It is in MINT condition and never been fired.

Joe
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Looks like Winchester sold a lot of these. The Golden Spike Carbine came out in 1969 and sold for $120 back then. 69,996 were made.

According to the Blue Book, in unfired condition, it's worth $495 today.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

And for that kind of money it better be in the original box with all papers.
  4. IBFrank

IBFrank New Member

If your Uncle was a CEO, check the serial # to see how low it is. If you can, get a letter from him saying it was his rifle and what his title was. This could very well be a # 1--100 # rifle which would bring a premium especially if never been shot or cocked, NIB shape with papers.
    Nice gun. I had one but traded it for an extra nice M1 Garand. It's easy to see why the soldiers loved their M1s. Wish I had my Win Mod '94 back, the shooter.