1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

winchester M1 30 carbine

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Jun 17, 2006.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

What is the going value of a Wincchester made M1 30 carbine? I picked one up this week in about 85%+ condition with one 30 round mag. I looked on gunbroker and saw some listed upwards of $800 - $900 but no one was bidding on them.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

800-900 sounds like a decent price unless it's a Nation Match
  3. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the reply. How do you know if it a national match? This rifle does have a hooded olympic style front sight on it. Is that an indication? What does being a national match do to the value? Up or down?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

NM stamped on barrel foward of handguard, glass bedded stock match grade barrel

The price is pretty crazy regular M1 NEW in box $1300 Good $1000
    National match NEW in box $2200 Good $600

So new in box the National is worth more, decent or good shape the regular M1 is worth more
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  5. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info.
    -J-
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

National Match applies only to M1 Rifles. There was no such thing as a National Match Carbine.

Prices are all over the place for M1 Carbines. The valuable ones are the original manufacture, unaltered ones. These can bring up to $1700+ depending on condition and who the manufacturer was.

An original Winchester, in excellent condition with all-matching parts, can bring in the $900 to $1150 range.....but.....if the gun has been re-arsenaled, has mix-and-match parts, or is an import, the value would be much less.

Here's some information on M1 Carbines for you:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=M1 Carbine&btnG=Google Search

P.S. I have one rottie with mix-and-match parts (1/2 rottie, 1/2 retrevier) :)
  7. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info and links. Guess I have some reading to do...;)
    -J-