winchester M1 30 carbine

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Jun 17, 2006.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

What is the going value of a Wincchester made M1 30 carbine? I picked one up this week in about 85%+ condition with one 30 round mag. I looked on gunbroker and saw some listed upwards of $800 - $900 but no one was bidding on them.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

800-900 sounds like a decent price unless it's a Nation Match
  3. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the reply. How do you know if it a national match? This rifle does have a hooded olympic style front sight on it. Is that an indication? What does being a national match do to the value? Up or down?
    Thanks,
    -J-
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

NM stamped on barrel foward of handguard, glass bedded stock match grade barrel

The price is pretty crazy regular M1 NEW in box $1300 Good $1000
    National match NEW in box $2200 Good $600

So new in box the National is worth more, decent or good shape the regular M1 is worth more
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  5. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info.
    -J-
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

National Match applies only to M1 Rifles. There was no such thing as a National Match Carbine.

Prices are all over the place for M1 Carbines. The valuable ones are the original manufacture, unaltered ones. These can bring up to $1700+ depending on condition and who the manufacturer was.

An original Winchester, in excellent condition with all-matching parts, can bring in the $900 to $1150 range.....but.....if the gun has been re-arsenaled, has mix-and-match parts, or is an import, the value would be much less.

Here's some information on M1 Carbines for you:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=M1 Carbine&btnG=Google Search

P.S. I have one rottie with mix-and-match parts (1/2 rottie, 1/2 retrevier) :)
  7. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Thanks for the info and links. Guess I have some reading to do...;)
    -J-