winchester mdl 94 with no serial number

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 44automag, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 44automag

44automag New Member

Pics Added winchester mdl 94 with no serial number

I have a winchester mdl 94 saddle ring carbine with no serial number. It is in 30 WCF with no rear sight on barrel a lyman peep on the tang. it has 10 - 20 % finish wood is good. barrel is stampe "model 94-winchester-nicklesteel-30wcf "below that it says " trademark" on the right side it says the standard made in USA winchester repeating co newhaven conn. on the top of the tang under the sight it is stamped "Model 94 Winchester trademark reg. u.s.pat. off.&FGN"
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. Goody

Goody Member

You surethat thereis no serial number? Look on the bottom of the receiver, right behind the forearm. Might have to get a magnifing glass if there is considerable wear. These were numbered from the very first one produced. I don't think the 30wcf (30-30) made it till the second or third year production.
  3. 44automag

44automag New Member

we are sure there is no serial number visable. there does not seem to be that much wear compared to our other mdl 94's that a serial # would be completely wiped out. Does anyone know how to bring back a stamp mark if that is the case? I will try to post some pics later tonight.
  4. 44automag

44automag New Member

I have added photos.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well Automag......I've never seen or heard of a Winchester Model 94 without a serial number......but I'm not an expert on Winnies, so I'm going to refer you to a real Winchester expert, on another website.....

Go to: http://forums.gunbroker.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

......and ask for "Bert H." He really knows his stuff on Winchesters.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
  6. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Might be real easy if you look at the stock and there is a large capital "P" in the butt stock. The "P" is for prototype and they are extremely rare.