Winchester model 61 22 W.R.F. & Weaver 330 Scope

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by SSJ, Jan 3, 2009.

1. SSJ

SSJ New Member

I have a Winchester model 61 22 W.R.F. serial number 141555 manufactured in 1950 with a Weaver model 330 scope I inherited this from my father in 1992 with 2 boxes of shells, I'm not sure if he purchased this gun new or from someone else but it was purchased in Cheyenne Wyoming in the early 50's for rabbit hunting. I have shot this gun many times and it is very very accurate and is in excellent shape. Could someone give me estimated worth for this gun and any more information on just the scope.

Attached Files:

2. muddober

muddober Active Member

I know nothing about your scope other than it was very popular in the 1950's. As for your gun the mounting of the scope hurts its collectors value because the receiver and barrel were drilled after market to mount it. Because of the demand to mount scope starting in 1954 all model 61's left the factory with groved receivers so one did not have to drill holes. Your gun in my opinion without holes would fitch at least $1500.00. As is about $500.00 scope and all. If I owned it I would just enjoy shooting it and wouldn't give a damm about the extra holes.
  3. SSJ

SSJ New Member

Thanks for the response, I would be interested in seeing what the groved receivers look like. Because of the sentimental value and the gun shoots like a dream I wouldn't sell it. I also got a Raven Arms 22 Mag six shooter that I would sell, have to get some pictures of it, several years ago (25) I had a gun dealer look it probably around $400 then not sure now.
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

You are welcome. The groved receiver is hard to notice in a picture unless it is taken of the top of the gun. Also I am not the last word on values and I was sharing my opinion. I have two model 61's in 22 long rifle and neither have the groved receiver so I can't share a picture.