Winchester Model 61 Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DiverDave, Jun 12, 2010.

1. DiverDave

DiverDave New Member

Hello - I was just wondering what approximate value is of my Winchester Model 61 .22 S L or LR serial #228245. It pretty well used. The wood pump appears to have its original finish, but the stock doesn't. It may have been sanded and there is a dark water stain near the butt. The metal has a sort of brown patina. I think it is post war probably 1956. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. muddober

muddober Active Member

I would guess in the $275 to $350 range. Some may say that is too much for it and as a collector gun it is, but when it comes to function and longevity it is hard to beat.

Ron
  3. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

DiverDave,

I'm thinking "muddober's" value assessment is about right: $275 to $350 for your gun if it's mechanically OK, just cosmetically challenged. It's passed what a collector would want but would make someone a nice shooter. Just clean up the stock a little.

It might sell on the high side around here (Upstate NY).

With a 228245 serial number, I think your gun was made around 1954, maybe 1955. Is the receiver top grooved for a tip off type scope mount? If so, add 50 bucks or a little more to the value. Winchester started machining the receiver tops for scopes around 1954.

Hope this helps.

Jolly