Winchester Model 61

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Borie, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Borie

Borie New Member

Greetings - Can anyone tell me how the instructions provided with a post-war (mid to late 1940s) Model 61 Winchester .22 said to disassemble the rifle for cleaning? Or, is there a site where I might find the instructions available for viewing? I know how to disassemble it for cleaning, but I would like to know exactly what the instructions from Winchester said about how to do it. Thank you in advance.
  2. muddober

muddober Active Member

There is a book out there called the NRA Book of Firearms Assembly. They made it in a two volume paperback and a one volume hard cover. The model 61 as well as a myriad of others are contained in them. In my opinion this book is the most informative read on the disassembly and reassembly of guns including some of the little known tricks to help make it easier to get it done.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly is another good series of books that give you step by step instructions on taking guns apart anda putting them back together. Edition III covers rim-fire rifles.

Check your PM for info.