winchester model 67 22 short

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cbrown, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cbrown

cbrown New Member

can anyone tell me how the trigger assembly works? what makes the firing pin move?
  2. tarheel101

tarheel101 New Member

Okay, I'll try to understand your question and I am showing a couple of images to try to explain my answer. The "firing pin" is held back by a part called the extractor/sear. When you pull back the cocking piece the extractor/sear moves up into a mating recess at the bottom of the bolt and holds the "firing pin" back until released by pulling the trigger. The model 67 does not cock on opening or closing the bolt, it has to be done by pulling the cocking piece back. The silver wing in front of the cocking piece is the saftey, it is engaged by moving to a vertical position and disengaged by moving it right to a horizontal position.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Tarheel
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it is 22 short?
    All the 67's, 67A's I have seen or listed in the blue book are 22 S,L and LR or 22 WRF
    There is also a smooth bore
    383,000 were made from 1934-1963 ser # were not required prior to 1968
  4. cbrown

cbrown New Member

its the short long and LR

tarheel that is exactly what i was wondeirng thank you very much!!!